RRConfig not opening after update?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRConfig not opening after update?

I was running the version before the new release for some time now without any issues. I believe it was the October release. Against my better judgment, I went ahead and updated to the latest version. (I usually follow the if it isn't broke don't fix it method.)

After the install, I was able to load the RRConfig, and verify my settings. Now when I click RRConfig, I get nothing.

I uninstalled, then reloaded, and was able to open RRConfig right after the install. Exit & Save, then was unable to open it again.

I went right to the RideRunner directory, and tried opening it up straight from the root folder. Even right click and Open. All I get is a quick flash of the mouse/hourglass, then nothing.

Any ideas? I want to downgrade to see if this goes away, but I deleted my older version. I can probably find it if I search hard enough, but thought maybe someone here would have an idea?

I'm running XP SP3 running minlogon.
    1995 Chevy Camaro
    2003 Dodge Ram 1500
    VIA EPIA M10000 Mini-ITX Motherboard
    Iguidance GPS
    Road Runner Frontend w/ DFX5.0.3
    Xenarc 700IDT with DVD CDR/RW

I wish I had a defined answer for your issue but I don't. As you state, it works the first time but none after, which I don't understand. Try temporarly renaming the rr.ini and opening the config to see if maybe the is some kind of file corruption on your ini.
    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
    RRMedia
    RRExtended
    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
      I wish I had a defined answer for your issue but I don't. As you state, it works the first time but none after, which I don't understand. Try temporarly renaming the rr.ini and opening the config to see if maybe the is some kind of file corruption on your ini.
      Just tried that, no go. I even used a rr.ini from a fresh install thinking the same thing before I posted.

I made sure all my files were not set to read-only thinking maybe something was locking it down.

Still scratching my head? It's not to big of a deal, as my system is pretty much set as it needs to be. But I'd still like to find what it is.
      1995 Chevy Camaro
      2003 Dodge Ram 1500
      Iguidance GPS

Comment

look in event manager, see if anything of use

rrconfig is just a autoit program
        not to special...
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
        May healing waters bury all my pain
        Wind, Carry me home
        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
        The piece of me that died
        Will return To live again

Comment

Well I'm one step closer. Might have something to do with DFX5 and my rr.ini which is kinda weird.

Once I uninstalled DFX5, I was able to reopen my rr.ini in rrconfig after a reboot. It wouldn't open right after I uninstalled it. I reinstalled DFX5, and was able to open up my rrconfig multiple times. After launching RR, and exiting, I was unable to open it again. Repeated above process with same results. I'm at a loss.

I'm going to set up a new rr.ini and will see what happens.
          1995 Chevy Camaro
          2003 Dodge Ram 1500
          Iguidance GPS

Comment

Ok figured it out. Don't know why this showed up all the sudden, but here is what's going on.

My old rr.ini was set to adjust my time through the GPS. This has always worked without any problems. After checking event viewer like mitchjs suggested, I noticed that my event logs were labeled with the year 1931. I corrected the year, and bingo rrconfig opened!

I let the GPS set my time, and it went back to 1931, and rrconfig wouldn't open. Turned off the GPS set time and date, and now my date stays corrected, and rrconfig opens fine. I'm assuming why it was working after a uninstall and reboot, was because XP was setting the time from the time.windows.com. After launching RR, my GPS was setting the year wrong.

Don't know if this is a bug in the new version, but I never had this issue before. Problem is fixed now, and I'm happy.
            1995 Chevy Camaro
            2003 Dodge Ram 1500
            Iguidance GPS

Comment

That part of the code has not been changed or touched in very very long time, so it would have to be something that changed on your end.
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

well... for sure the issue is your GPS time cant have it set to 1931
                could be all autoit apps dont work in 1931...isnt that before computers?

-Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
                May healing waters bury all my pain
                Wind, Carry me home
                The fabric of reality is tearing apart
                The piece of me that died
                Will return To live again

Comment

Working...