Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFDshow RunDLL error

Hi guys!
    I'm having a strange issue with ffdshow that I can not for the life of me seem to figure out. I'm currently running the most recent version of RR with the Elite-Wings skin. I want to use WMP so that I can use a single player for audio and video and have installed ffdshow with the ffdshoweq plugin for a graphic equalizer (which is working great)

The problem I'm experiencing is when switching songs. For example, if I have a song playing and decide to double click the playlist and start a song somewhere down the list, a little window pops up with an error:

RunDLL
    There was a problem starting \ffdshow.ax
    The specified module could not be found

I can click OK and then the window disappears or I can leave it and after about 20s, the window minimizes and my song will play. So functionally, there's no problem, but it's really annoying with this window popping up. Sometimes it does it when rr automatically starts the next song in my playlist. Keep in mind, I'm running windows7 ultimate 32-bit and all my files are mp4 music videos.
    I have the ffdshow configurator for both audio and video set to allow multiple instances so I'm really not sure what's going on. Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Has this always been a problem? Do you have any codec packs installed?
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Yeah. This has always been a problem ever since installing the ffdshow tryouts beta7. I don't have any other codecs installed. I've also tried ffdshow tryouts beta6 on a separate computer with a fresh win7 install and still had the same issue pop up.

Comment

why u using the tryouts...

do an uninstall

and try

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_...hp?d=5552&s=50
        -Thanks
        Mitch
        www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
        May healing waters bury all my pain
        Wind, Carry me home
        The fabric of reality is tearing apart
        The piece of me that died
        Will return To live again

Comment

You should really try the Shark Codec pack:

http://shark007.net/index.html

I use it on all my window 7 computers, and it's recommended by most HTPC forums. It installs FFDshow ( look, no need for beta here, 2011 version) and Haali, Dolby AC-3, AND configures them for you, without braking WMP. Also takes care of FLAC, etc. all within WMP.

Just my 2c

Now you do have to have your drivers up to date. It wouldn't hurt to have your bios checked, if you have on board video.
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Hi Mitch,
            Thanks for the link! I've only been using tryouts as beta6 was mentioned in the ffdshoweq thread, and then when that acted up, I tried beta7 but ended up with a similar result. I've just downloaded ffdshow 2011-02-07 MMX from the link you've provided, and initially it worked perfect- no more error. Then I realized that i forgot to turn on the audio eq, and as soon as i did that the error message returned. I tried turning the eq off, and while that worked for a bit, after switching about 4-5 songs the error came back.

So all in all, the new version of ffdshow seems to have impacted how often the message shows up, but it's still a very frequent issue.

---------- Post added 02-16-2011 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-15-2011 at 11:53 PM ----------

Also tried the shark007 codec pack but still behaves about the same as the 2011-02-07 MMX version of ffdshow I tried as suggested by mitch. No fix yet...All my drivers are up to date, and I don't have any on-board video.

Comment

well... its not the ffdshow

its prob a bit of code in the plugin, the whole control of this ffdshow eq is a bit of a hack...
              ill look at it
              its a lot of "spooky" code using many send messages to the windows of ffdshow

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

windows 7 x86 right? with UAC on or OFF?

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 AM ----------

lets assume win7 for a sec

WMP is not using DirectShow by defualt, it uses the NEW Media Foundations, and for mp3s the MP3 DMO Decoder
              so... if you disable them, it will fall back to the old direct show method, which in that case ffdshow can be used
              and it works...

but

everytime a new song is plays, Directshow destroys the filters and recreates them based on the new file
              and that closes, and opens a new FFDSHOW

so we at that point try to get the path of the ffdshow.ax and open its config, and turn on the EQ in the tree..

very HACKY

knowing this i wouldnt use it!
              (i would prob ***** to MicroSoft, and have them update their com object support for wmp to allow eq control, but i run on a tangent there)

but why is it failing, is it failing to get the path of the .dll?
              and it seems only a few times
              i think i know that answer

please check your registry key for existance of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GNU\ffdshow

for the key "pth"

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

i know the bug...

just need to figure out why the key from the registry comes back null some times....

ill have this fixed shortly

prob tomorrow thou, its 1am!
              and me sleepy!
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment

ok, i stayed up a bit

please try this...and report back

crud... attachments not working right...

dr. nick, you got a pm
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mitchjs; 02-16-2011, 11:13 AM.
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

New plugin works perfectly! Thanks a ton mitch!

Comment

Working...
                  X