XMD1000 works with timetrax recast and nothing else

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMD1000 works with timetrax recast and nothing else

I'm trying to install my XM radio and it seems that only timetrax recast finds my XMD1000 without any problems but Mitch's HD Radio PCR V1.6.0.5, and RR can't either. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

are you using a timetrax interface?
    i vaguely remember them...

but i suggest dumpping it if you are...
    course you then have to make your own, which is easy
    -Thanks
    Mitch
    www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
    May healing waters bury all my pain
    Wind, Carry me home
    The fabric of reality is tearing apart
    The piece of me that died
    Will return To live again

Comment

I thought I made a reply already. I guess it didn't stick. I d/l timetrax to see if it would recognize my device which it did. None of your programs recognized it.

Comment

Let me rephrase Mitch's question: What interface are you using with your XMD1000? If the time trax software recognizes it, its just a matter of finding which com port timetrax is using and setting the other programs to use it too. Sometimes, if you're using the timetrax interface, you have to run the timetrax program first to re initialize the interface cause Windows lost track of the driver.
        HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

well... if i rememebr, and it could only be timetrax's sirius interface...but they used an IC to do encryption, to prevent other software from accessing the device
          it might just be thier sirius, but it could be thier xm too... its just soo many years ago...
          in anycase, it doesnt matter what comport it is... if my XM demo program doesnt see it... then its prob encrypted
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
          Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I find it odd that the elite lite & carwing dynamic lite skins will find my xmd1000? It works on both of those skins except dfx5.0 (the skin i originally tested xm on). Do you guys suggest I should purchase the SIRIUS SCC1 and the usb adapter and be done with it? Reason I ask is because the xdm1000 wont work out of resume from hibernation.

Comment

skins have nothing to do with "finding" xmd1000
              so... if it works in carwings... it works
              as for resume from hibernation, 99% of the time its how you powered the xmd1000
              it needs to have power when the pc is powered, so ignition/accessory is NOT a good choice!
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I have it connected to pc power. Don't know why it doesn't work after resume.

Comment

its been eons, since i even looked at a tt interface, can you show me a picture

on that power, that power must stay alive during the standby/hibernation process
                  if its usb, that counts too... ie plugged into a powered hub
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                  Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Dang'it am i the only one typing a reply and having it disappear? This has been happening a lot today. Maybe it's my computer more or less but it doesn't happen to me on other forums... So here's my second reply...again...

It works both in cf and rr. I tried your advice and power was left on constantly thru computer on and during hibernation. Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                      well... if i rememebr, and it could only be timetrax's sirius interface...but they used an IC to do encryption, to prevent other software from accessing the device
                      it might just be thier sirius, but it could be thier xm too... its just soo many years ago...
                      in anycase, it doesnt matter what comport it is... if my XM demo program doesnt see it... then its prob encrypted
                      As the owner of one of those TimeTrax (may they burn in hell) Sirius radio interfaces, allow me to elaborate.

The TimeTrax TTS100 interface for SiriusConnect radios has a short challenge-response sequence before application software can access the radio. After powering up the interface, if you send it a 'V' character it will respond with a version string; if you send it an 'A' it will respond with a block of 16 bytes of "challenge" data and wait for a response. If the application responds with the correct data, the interface is unlocked and from that point on it works exactly like Mitch's interfaces.

Fortunately for us, the early versions of the TimeTrax firmware would always send the same challenge, so it was possible to provide a canned response (sniffed from a real conversation between TimeTrax Recast and the TTS100) and use the interface with Mitch's (or anyone else's) software.

TimeTrax is out of business now (good riddance!) but that TTS100 hardware that I bought back in 2005 is still going strong today.

Anyway, I'm sure their XM interface hardware has some similar challenge-response thing going on. It may be possible to reverse-engineer the "handshake" at the beginning of the session and come up with a way for custom software to access the hardware. OTOH, it might be simpler, cheaper, and faster to just buy one of Mitch's interfaces and be done with it.

Comment

There is no interface for the XMD1000. Only for the new XM device (that i forgot the name to) in the mp3car store. I got it to work with it 12v constant so it doesn't shut down during hibernation. I'll put it on a relay later so it does shut off but turns on before the computer does.

Comment

Working...
                        X