Creating a button to call an additional winamp function

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a button to call an additional winamp function

Currently I am trying to edit the Digital fx 4.0 skin to replace the mute button with a select random folder button. I have a plugin (InstantDisc) in winamp that works exactly the way I want already when pressing ctr+alt+r but when I try to execute a SENDKEY function it does not seem to do anything. When using the keyboard, winamp does not have to be active for the plugin to work. I know RR does not always output hotkeys right. I see many people refer to autoit (or another program) but I never see how to use that.

I have also tried editing the KeyTBL but from what I can gather that takes incoming commands?

In summary:
    I want to activate the random folder function of instantdisc

Any of the following would be helpful (I have spent way too long searching for this answer)
    • instructions send ctr+alt+r as a global hotkey
    • Is there a better way?
    • See an example of the codes.
    • Is there a HOW TO?
    • Is this function already an RR command (or a very similar replacement)?

*Using the March 2011 Ride Runner release.

If anyone cares InstantDisc is plugin I found for my original install (around 2000/2001). It takes folders and pretends each is a playlist. From this you can go to next folder, previous folder, or random folder. It was essential because I did not have a screen but I now miss the randomness of "which band will I get?" It is faster than searching through folders and less annoying than playing all the files.

May , you can try that:
    ACTIVATE;WINAMP||SENDKEY;...

Comment

I tried activate already and it does work. I think I have a problem with the sendkey command or possibly more problems.

"ACTIVATE;Winamp||SENDKEY;^%{1}||RELOADLISTEX"

I have tried a few iterations of the sendkey syntax with no avail. Winamp does activate though.

Comment

? instructions send ctr+alt+r as a global hotkey
        May be , try :
        "ACTIVATE;Winamp||SENDKEY;^%{r}||RELOADLISTEX"

Comment

You send the bad caracter for the ALT command (ALT = ! )
          You can try this little Autoit script:
          #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
          #AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=InstantDisc.exe
          #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
          $rr = ObjCreate("RideRunner.SDK")
          WinActivate ( "Winamp" )
          Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 50)
          Send("^!r")
          $rr.execute("RELOADLISTEX")
          Create a button as:
          "INSTANTDISC","RUN;$skinpath$scripts\InstantDisc.e xe"
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pierrotm777; 04-03-2011, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out when I get home.

Comment

Works great. I really appreciate it.

There is one minor bug I can live with but would still like to fix, the top menu doesnt update until the track changes. The album art does update however. Is there a function for that? I tried reloadscreen to no effect.

For anyone else that wants to use this (i completely recommend it) the instantdisc plugin and readme is here:
              http://pgodino.com/cdtrabajo/UTILES/...antDisc_v1.22/

place the dll in the winamp directory, and turn on global hot key inside the plugin. (accessed through winamp)
              place "INSTANTDISC","RUN;$skinpath$scripts\InstantDisc.e xe" into the execTBL.ini and making sure the path is case sensitive (I had to change scripts to Scripts)

edit your skin and add a button with "INSTANTDISC"

after that it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by highfive View Post
                There is one minor bug I can live with but would still like to fix, the top menu doesnt update until the track changes. The album art does update however. Is there a function for that? I tried reloadscreen to no effect.
                I am sorry, but i have done my test with the exelent Reborn skin and all is updated very well

Comment

I have added the Next Album and Prev Album options
                  /*************************************Instant Disc**************************************
                  "INTDNEXT","RUN;$skinpath$Scripts\InstantDisc\Intd Next.exe"
                  "INTDPREV","RUN;$skinpath$Scripts\InstantDisc\Intd Prev.exe"
                  "INTDRANDOM","RUN;$skinpath$Scripts\InstantDisc\In tdRandom.exe"
                  /************************************************** *************************************
                  Attached Files

Comment

Pretty cool, I'll be adding those buttons as well. Are you using the plug in too?

Comment

I was going to see what this InstantDisc is about, butt......not so much now OUCH!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tested my file with Trend(when i saw your post) .... seems to be clean. I have been using the file for years with no problems.

I am pretty sure I still have both that sites file and the file from my car pc days (circa 2002 DLed originally from winamp.com) with 120mHz

The original site (now closed) is http://www.ludd.luth.se/~walle/downl...Disc_v1.22.zip so i suggest do a search to find the plug in somewhere else.

Unfortunately due to the authors wishes I cannot distribute it directly (from the license):

This software may be used freely, and may not be copied, sold,
                        distributed or used for any other purpose without the prior
                        written consent of Anders Wallander.

Comment

It's not a plugin but several autoit script

Comment

Working...
                          X