Where are my Playlists (DFX 5.1)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are my Playlists (DFX 5.1)?

Ok guys/gals, this has been bugging me for a while. I've searched the FAQ and throughout the forum and cannot find out how to show my playlists (M3U). The only skin I've had any luck in showing the M3Us was the CarWings_Lite. I'm using the DFX5.1. When I click on the browser button and do a search on a filename, no results show. When I click on the playlist button and click Manage Playlists, they are not there either. I've checked, re-checked and triple checked my RRConfig and the M3U directory is the same as my music directory (D:\MyMusic). All M3Us are present, but I cannot get DFX5.1 to list them. Can someone tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Bobby
    Zotac IONITX F-E
    Win 7 32bit
    RR (latest release)
    DFX5.1

I am also awaiting an answer on this issue.
    (Charger) Zotac IONX-B-E (Atom sing core) w/ 2gig ram Xenarc 705, M2-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5
    (Mustang) ECS mini-ITX (Atom dual core) w/ 2gig ram, Lilliput 809, M4-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5

Comment

I figured it out. Click on Music. Hit the "Browser+" button twice and you'll get a file list. Scroll down the bottom of the list and they should be there.

Bobby

Comment

Make sure in RRConfig, that you go to the music tree, page 1 and ensure the path is set, and then that the audio files are correct in the bottom right box. Hit "Select" and choose all of them.
        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Yes I have the path set. I am looking for where the star rating play lists are saved?
          (Charger) Zotac IONX-B-E (Atom sing core) w/ 2gig ram Xenarc 705, M2-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5
          (Mustang) ECS mini-ITX (Atom dual core) w/ 2gig ram, Lilliput 809, M4-ATX, XP, RR&DFX5

Comment

The * ratings are in a file called rate.in_ which is in the root of your mp3 directory. Just open it with Notepad to read/edit it.

Comment

FYI,

That file (rate.in_) is mostly for backup purposes. When a star playlist is loaded, it is actually loaded from the RRMedia database. Now, you can do what the above post mentions, but will only take effect the next time the user does any kind of a rescan.
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by nhra no 2 View Post
                Yes I have the path set. I am looking for where the star rating play lists are saved?
                As blue said, there is no actual "m3u" for the ratings. If you are wanting to load them, click on the song name / artist on the top of most screens, and there are one click buttons to load any of the 1-5 start playlists. Once it it loaded, you can go into the playlist manager, and save it as any name that you like, as a standard playlist.

EA:
                Click the artist name at the top of the screen
                Click "Load 5 star Playlist"
                Go to the playlist manager, and choose "Save".
                The OSK will pop-up asking for a name, for example type in "My 5 Star Favorites".
                It will be saved as My 5 Star Favorites.m3u into the playlist folder you have set up in RR config.
                Last edited by mitchjs; 06-17-2011, 06:27 AM.
                Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Curious on location of playlists...

Anybody know where are the playlists are stored for the 10 disc changer? I'd like to edit them manually, and I can't find them.

Comment

The 10 disc changer is part of the RRMedia database set up, and I would venture to guess that they are stored in the database. Not very accessible, I would imagine.
                    CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
                    HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

drewbp is corrrect. The ratings and the "disks" are in the RRMedia database. It is a Sqlite db and using a util you can browse/change it, if you know what you are doing and depending on the utils effort to make making changes to it easy or not. What about them are you wanting to edit? Could be something that I could incorp into the plugin when i begin updating it for the v2.0 round.
                      RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                      Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                      Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                      RRMedia
                      RRExtended
                      DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

As a work around for now, you can simply load any of the disks. They open in RR as a standard playlist. Then go to the playlist manager, click save, and give it a name. That will create the .m3u that you can edit. You can then use the "Playlist to Disk" button to save the edited playlist back to any of the disks.

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I must be doing something rock dumb, but after the 5.1 upgrade I can't do anything with my playlists.

I have the path and types set in RRconfig

When I go to playlist -> manage playlist the only thing in the list is ..

If I add a new playlist, give it a name, I get the confirmation box and when I'm returned to the playlist screen all I have is ..

If I go to the directory I see the new playlist I created as a new file

WTF am I doing wrong !

Comment

Originally posted by spuds View Post
                            I must be doing something rock dumb, but after the 5.1 upgrade I can't do anything with my playlists.

I have the path and types set in RRconfig

When I go to playlist -> manage playlist the only thing in the list is ..

If I add a new playlist, give it a name, I get the confirmation box and when I'm returned to the playlist screen all I have is ..

If I go to the directory I see the new playlist I created as a new file

WTF am I doing wrong !

Spuds, I have the exact same problem. My .m3u playlists just won't show up! They are there, and I load them directly in WA, but in RR/DFX they just don't show up. And I, too, have created a new playlist, and... it just doesn't show up. But go to Win Explorer, and it's there.

I was able to set up what I need as virtual discs, so I can get by, but it is puzzling.
                            Zotac N630I-D-E M/B w/ Nvidia 7100, E5300 cpu, Xenarc 700IDT, M2-ATX, XP, RR & DFX 5.1.

Comment

New Playlist Manager skin

Unzip the attached AudioPlayListLoad.skin right into the DFX Skin folder, overwriting the old one.

It has a definition in the skin, that forces it to use the PlayListPath that is set up in the rr.ini. It is also set to show any files with the extension that are set in the rr.ini for audio types.

I do not know if this will fix the problem or not, as I could see all of my playlists before I made these changes, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Give it a try, and please let me know......
                              Attached Files

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X