label line break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• label line break

I am trying to create a label with line breaks in it.

According to skin commands.txt It is possible to use "\n" to insert line breaks on WRAP, WRAP-RIGHT, WRAP-CENTER and MIDDLE lables.
    The history.txt says the \n was changed to <crlf>

I cannot get the label to start a new line where I indicate. Here is an example of my label code.

L,183,148,430,175,0,0,0,18,"FONT:B","=LINE 1 TEXT<crlf>LINE 2 TEXT<crlf>LINE 3 TEXT","WRAP-CENTER",

Is there something wrong with my code?

Thanks!

You need to change into your line the 430 value by a value smaller and the wrap-center will create automatically the ctrl between each 'line x text'

Comment

WRAP-CENTER is working correctly. The line does break, but the problem is it does not break where I indicate it to.

Comment

Can you give a real .skin example ?

Comment

L,183,148,430,175,0,0,0,18,"#FONTFAMILY#:B","=The SmartList you selected<crlf>"$librarylistdesc$"<crlf>does not contain any songs.","WRAP-CENTER",

Comment

Can you try that ?
            Code:
            L,183,148,430,175,0,0,0,18,"#FONTFAMILY#:B","=The SmartList you selected||=$librarylistdesc$||=does not contain any songs.","WRAP-CENTER",

Comment

That doesn't work either.

Comment

Are you sure that <crlf> is a RR command ?

Comment

According to the history.txt <crlf> is what replaced \n to do a line break in a label.

Comment

Ok in fact but i don't understand how this option work into a label !
                    I am sorry

Comment

That's okay, thanks for trying.

Comment

If I remember correctly, that "<crlf>" is case sensitive. So try "<CRLF>" instead.

Opps..nope just checked the code, all lowercase is correct.
                        Last edited by Blue ZX3; 11-18-2011, 09:47 PM.
                        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                        RRMedia
                        RRExtended
                        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3 View Post
                          If I remember correctly, that "<crlf>" is case sensitive. So try "<CRLF>" instead.

Opps..nope just checked the code, all lowercase is correct.
                          Can you give us an example please ?

Comment

The problem is that "wrap-center" style will do WHATEVER it can to fit as much text as possible in the space of the label, this means that it will remove any existing line breaks (even the ones you manually added) and calculate new ones based on available space.

Instead of "wrap-center" use "center" and your <crlf> should work - you can alternatively use "vcenter" or "vhcenter" to always center it vertically (automatically calculated by the height of label and text to be displayed).
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Thank you guino. However none of those formats seem to work either. "center" will display the text on one line only with the ends cut off, no line breaks. "vcenter" will center it vertically and wrap the text but not where indicated. "vhcenter" will center it vertically and horizontally with a line break, but again not where indicated.

I have the 11/4/2011 version of RR.

Comment

Working...
                              X