Ride Runner and a working european navigation application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Runner and a working european navigation application

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice, I'm currently setting up my carpc and I'm having trouble with finding a european navigation program which will work with ride runner. So far I've tried Mappoint 2010 and 2011 and neither work, currently downloading 2009 from my MSDN account to try that.

Are there any other navigation programs that work with ride runner for the euro market? My current skin is DFX5.1.1

I have seached the forum, but there is a lot of outdated information and this appears to be the last post I could find about mappoint but author never replied to the question from mitchjs. http://www.mp3car.com/rr-plugins/149...map-point.html

Thanks for any help.

i use Sygic (http://www.sygic.com/en/business:buy-now) and it works like a charm... thou i would recommend you get files from them so that its locked to the mac of the wifi card or wired lan... in that way your activation code can be reused on same pc.

send me a pm if you need those files and the steps to change out the right files
    Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Comment

Thanks have sent you a PM.

Comment

Tried Mappoint 2009 and still no luck I guess the plugin is snapped or I'm missing a dependency, also gone back to the default skin supplied with the ride runner installation and get the same results as DFX5.1.1

Here is me Navigation config.

I've gone through the rr log file and the and it's loading the plugin

and I get the following when trying to start mappoint

ONBTNPRESS
        -
        PLAYSOUND;C:\Users\Audi\Documents\RideRunner\Skins \DFX5\ButtonPress.wav
        -
        LOAD;Mappoint_GPS.skin;Mappoint;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Mappoint\Mappoint.exe;Mappoint
        -
        SkinSpeak_Finished
        -
        SETVAR;PlayStatus;NULL
        -
        SAVETOSKIN;PlayStatus;NULL

Comment

there is no plugin for rrconfig for mappoint

but my mp2011 runs...

all i did was set nav to mappoint... NO other changes, no rr.ini edits, nothing
          course testing with carwings, since that has the gui required for mappoint
          Attached Files
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

Comment

also, we are sure mp 2010 works too, id think mp 2009 would work too, as long as it has the required activex support
            -Thanks
            Mitch
            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Intresting I must be missing somthing the application start but the screen is blank like above.

These are the plugin that rr starts according to the debug file.

05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: loading Global Plugins...
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: GpsLockout
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): GpsLockout
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: InetRadioLabels
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): InetRadioLabels
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: Mappoint
              05/02/2012 21:22:00: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): Mappoint
              05/02/2012 21:22:01: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: MobilePhone(.NET)
              05/02/2012 21:22:01: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): MobilePhone
              05/02/2012 21:22:01: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: RRExtended
              05/02/2012 21:22:01: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): RRExtended
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: RRMediaDB
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): RRMediaDB
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: SkinTool
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): SkinTool
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin Found: Weather
              05/02/2012 21:22:05: Plugin Manager: Plugin loaded (Global): Weather

Comment

I use garmin mobile pc (since i've carpc...6 years...) with european 2011 map set...

2012 available too....

Try it... Is a good program in my opinion ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

hmm, odd... i dont have mp2009 to try... only mp2010 & 2011

i assume the application runs? on its own...

also we use thier activex: MAPPOINTCONTROL.OCX you can see if thats on your pc, mines in the program files/microsoft mappoint 2011
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                  Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I have a Sygic FLEET with european maps that run very well !
                    http://www.mp3car.com/rr-plugins-in-...iderunner.html
                    Last edited by pierrotm777; 02-06-2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

i had garmin before but they have stopped supporting it and there was only one way to get updated maps... buy new license
                      Blessed are the "cracked" for it is they who let in the light.

Comment

That's not correct (about maps)... Just downloaded 2012 european map set (and i'm using 2011 european map set)

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
                        Last edited by tommy_xx84; 02-06-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
                          hmm, odd... i dont have mp2009 to try... only mp2010 & 2011

i assume the application runs? on its own...

also we use thier activex: MAPPOINTCONTROL.OCX you can see if thats on your pc, mines in the program files/microsoft mappoint 2011
                          Will check for "MAPPOINTCONTROL.OCX" this evening when I get back from work, I must be missing something off my system if you have it all working. I've done two clean installs ofwindows 7 home premium x86 SP1 , and tried 3 versions of mappoint which all give the same result. I take it I don't need any other office apps installed to make this work?

Standalone mappoint runs fine and I've test out the GPS receiver and it finds 9 satellites and pin points my location fine (not tested on the move)

I'll spend a little more time trying to get mappoint working, as I would like to see a GPS only device working in the car, as I'm used to the Audi RNS-E/MMI systems that intergrate with the CAN-BUS system, for speed & sterring angle etc. This is the first time I've gone down the custom ICE solution, I could have just retroffited the Audi nav system but fancied a change and challenge in get a CarPC working.

Comment

yea... it should just work.... i didnt do anything special, but install mappoint... then install the rr plugin...
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

With help from mitch I finaly got mappoint 2011 to work, I think the fault could have been down to me installing the plugin before mappoint and how the mappointcontrol.ocx control was registered. Also in the rr.ini under extras i had mappointmap=1 when from what I understand mappointmap=2 if your running the euro version which I found from an old post back in 2005 http://www.mp3car.com/road-runner/47...embedding.html

One more item off the todo/fix list.

Comment

Working...
                              X