Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telephoney and 3G information????

A question to all,

I'm interested in the information that we can get from a telephone or 3G internet dongle and display in RR.

For example, I have an o2 3G dongle (Payandgo) it has 2 modes GRPS or 3G, what would be nice is if we can tap into that info and display in a skin. Just so that we know what type of signal we are getting (like your mobile phone does).

How would I go about getting this info into the skin and which mobile phone plugin would need to be used? Would a new plugin be required to be written or is it just a case of coding the skin appropriately.

Thanks in Advance
    The difference between genius and insanity.......... Is the measure of success!!

the problem is that most phone manufacturers dont expose that information externally. It could be done, but would require middleware in most cases to act as a host to the PC receiving the information. Then of course, you lose standardization through the different manufacturers, OSs and such we have today.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Typical!!! they seem to invent industry standards and then everyone seems to manipulate them to cash the $$$$. Oh well not to worry, would have been nice but I guess it is more hassle than it is worth.

Thanks for the input, clears up my question.
      The difference between genius and insanity.......... Is the measure of success!!

Comment

Working...
      X