Reloadskin command & iguidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloadskin command & iguidance

I have been using elite 2 and have my system setup so that when I turn the headlights on in my car, elite changes it's color scheme variable to red and reloads the skin. It works fine but iguidance closes every time I do it. Here is the command I'm running from my vb.net app:

Code:
    strScreen= sdk.GetInfo("RRSCREEN")
    SDK.Execute("SETVAR;THEMECOLOR;RED||SETSKINTHEME||LOAD;" & strScreen)
    Open to suggestions!! I'm not a developer but rather a hack so I'm very open to better ways.
    Last edited by Enforcer; 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: Kept thinking it referred to the reloaded skin.

From the settings.txt:

embedapplist=<appwindow1>|<appwindow2>|...|<appwin dowN>
    Lists window names of applications that should not be closed on skin switch.
    <appwindow1..N> is the window title used to embed the application (i.e.: Notepad, etc..)

So in your rr.ini put the following line:
    embedapplist=iGuidance
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Excellent! I will try this tonight!

Comment

Hummm, still not working. I moved to working with carwings and notepad on my desktop and it does the same thing. It reloads the skin but brings me to applications and notepad is missing. I watch the notepad icon disappear from my taskbar.

I have this in RR.ini:

EmbedAPPList=Notepad

Comment

yea... so try checking taskmanager
          taskbar means nothing...

EmbedAPPList=iGuidance

is the correct setting

also "but brings me to applications" what does that mean

reloadskin, should unload all screens, unload all plugins, close all embedded apps(except ones on embeddApplist) and you end up at menu.skin
          thats the normal "reloadskin" there is a case where load;xxx is queued... its related to menu.skin, but im not sure exactly what happens, skips something...
          Last edited by mitchjs; 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM.
          -Thanks
          Mitch
          www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
          May healing waters bury all my pain
          Wind, Carry me home
          The fabric of reality is tearing apart
          The piece of me that died
          Will return To live again

Comment

Yeah, it's closed... not in taskmanager.

Brings me back to applications - I'm in carwings, click launch(or whatever the menu item is) this brings up applications and I launch notepad. Then with skintool I hit the reloadskin button. It closes notepad, refreshes the skin and drops me at the applications screen where I can launch notepad again.

Comment

yes, it would close notepad, if not in the list of EmbedAPPList=

i tested IG, since thats what i use...
              reloadskin DOES NOT close IG
              -Thanks
              Mitch
              www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
              Wind, Carry me home

Comment

WARNING!!!

i just looked at the code, its flawed

it does a non case compare

so...

i will clean up this code... for 6/1/2012 release
                i also have another issue with it with partial names

example, if the list has "notepad" in it
                it would keep alive a window named "note"
                oh well on that... but watch your casing

if you want to see, put in "notepad" all lower case...
                and it will not close on the launch screen, after a reload skin
                keep in mind, when exiting rr, the apps in this list
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

double warning!!!

if you put an app in this list, and reload skin, the app is not longer embedded to a window..
                  and if you exit RR, it will not close, since rr, at this point knows nothing about it
                  and you will have a HIDDEN task running...

thats how it always worked, i don't like it, i might come up with a different way
                  or ill leave alone, all depends....

yes, even IG is left running... a bottom line "reloadskin" wipes all embedded app info from RR tracking
                  any app in the list is a hidden app, and running..

so exiting RR at this time, would leave it running

you made me look and eval this code...
                  Last edited by mitchjs; 05-24-2012, 03:32 PM.
                  -Thanks
                  Mitch
                  www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                  Wind, Carry me home

Comment

I may be misunderstanding so I apologize ahead of time. I finally got an evening to run updates and tweak code here and there. I loaded the latest rr code and put iGuidance in the app list. I find that it does in fact stay open in task manager but it doesn't re embed instead just gives me the loading screen(blank image of skin). If I back out to the menu and hit iGuidance again, it loads right up where I left off.

I could probably write code into my plugin that instead of passing rrscreen by variable will run a function to identify if it is iGuidance. If so, reload skin then call exgps which is defined in exectbl for elite 2.

I have a vid of what I'm talking about if you are interested.

Thanks!

Comment

id have to see what your talking about...
                      "reloadskin" is not something i would recomend...
                      it effectly dumps all skins and thier embedded apps, so if you reload skin while on the nav screen
                      rr, will reload the screen, but problly not attach the embedded window to the screen...
                      i dont do "reloadskin" much, if ever...and im not sure why you would need to while on the NAV screen

so, yes, exiting out, and coming right back, then runs the "GPS" command, which does the embedding
                      -Thanks
                      Mitch
                      www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                      Wind, Carry me home

Comment

OK, I uploaded the video here: http://youtu.be/-KxqpSIgxdw

I was using tapatalk on my phone last night as the forum is hit or miss.

I understand about reloadskin not being recommended. I am open to suggestions if there is an alternative. I definitely feel the pain of all the screen files having to be reloaded after each reloadskin call.

To explain what is going on in case I haven't previously. My arduino circuit tells my vb.net app when the dashlights are on or off. Using elite's inbuilt theme color functionality, my app sets the theme color to "silver" when the lights are off and "red" when the lights are on and then reloads the skin to force the update. I followed the method suavacito used in the theme color menu. So when he sets the theme color from the settings menu, it does what I'm doing.

You can see in the video that I start out in iGuidance on "silver". I then switch on the headlights which is hard to see but you can see RR switch to red and go back to the iguidance screen but iguidance itself is missing. I show in taskmanager iguidance is still running and that I can re-embed it using the iguidance button. I then just repeat it the opposite direction.

Comment

OK. I modified my code to do as I said. Basically it checks if rrscreen = "external_gps.skin" or "dashcommand.skin" or else. If one of the first two, it calls exgps or dashcommand which are defined in exectbl. Works well.

Anybody know how to get dashcommand to reconnect to car on resume from standby or hibernate? I'll start researching that now.

Comment

doesnt reloadskin always take you back to main menu?
                            does for me, so i dont see any issue
                            nore do i see any issue in the video, which is hard to follow, some words would have been nice

clearly you are doing more thant what you are telling me, or im completly missing it

all i know, using carwings, i go to navigation, i see iG, i do reloadskin, it goes to menu, i press navigation, i see IG
                            simple

m
                            Last edited by mitchjs; 06-10-2012, 02:20 PM.
                            -Thanks
                            Mitch
                            www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                            Wind, Carry me home

Comment

You are correct, reloadskin takes me back to the main menu. I'm not saying RR isn't working correctly, just trying to find a way to do what I wanted reliably.

I'm loading the current screen name into a variable, calling reloadskin then calling load and variable name. This forces it back to the screen I was on. The issue was that it would call external_gps.skin(current screen in variable) and it would be empty. I just used the inbuilt EXGPS command in the elite2 exectbl. It works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X