Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters cut off in main screen

Hello,

So I got a fresh download and install. When I run the RR, before even configuring anything, I can tell that some letters are cut off?!
    The main screen, the "A" in Album and the "S" in Source Audio is cut...also, the "N" in Navigation button.
    I presume this is not normal, so can anyone please tell me how to fix this?
    Yes, I am brand new at this and need all the help you can give me....

thnx
    Running Win 7, CF 4.1, 40 Gig Intel SSD, Visteon HD radio w/ Mitch's cable/software.

Hmmmmm.....I did find screen res, no font. I've been known to be blind from time to time! Haha

But in all seriousness....everything was set as default though.

Thnx, I'll try to find it
    Last edited by 320i; 07-20-2012, 05:54 PM.
    Running Win 7, CF 4.1, 40 Gig Intel SSD, Visteon HD radio w/ Mitch's cable/software.

Comment

I'm running on Vista....so what you're saying I need to go thru windows to adjust the font?? Hmmmm

Comment

Verify in windows that your font settings are set to "Normal" DPI (NOT Large fonts). Other than that, just make sure you have the fonts required by the skin - normally the skinners provide those in a folder of the skin - you have to install them into your windows\fonts folder - there is normally a readme.txt with the skin explaining these things.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I understand sir...when I was playing with RR, I checked and rechecked the fonts etc. Now I did the install on my carpc and my desktop and both were showing the same thing....everything was normal and standard. For now, because RR has or should I say, hasn't had any HD capabilities ( HD radio or any radio plug ins in the US versions) when I last looked into it, I temporarily abandoned the research into RR and kinda went with CF. I am not saying I wont ever go back, but this is only for now being. I loved the ease of RR and modifications you could do, but on other hand kinda disapointed that there weren't that many people that offer more?

I guess I am too used to the car forums where people just would jump in and share their stuff and brag with pics, instructions, website links etc....
          Last edited by 320i; 08-25-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

"HD Capabilites"

HD = Hard Drive?
            HD = High Definition?
            HD = HD Radio (which has notthing to do with "High Definition")?
            -Thanks
            Mitch
            www.rush2112.net

"Did you test it in carwings??"

Sun, Come shine my way
            May healing waters bury all my pain
            Wind, Carry me home
            The fabric of reality is tearing apart
            The piece of me that died
            Will return To live again

Comment

Originally posted by mitchjs View Post
              "HD Capabilites"

HD = Hard Drive?
              HD = High Definition?
              HD = HD Radio (which has notthing to do with "High Definition")?
              Sorry about that....I fixed my post sir. What I meant by that was that the Visteon HD radio plug in wont work with RR....or any radio plug in that I looked at besides the Euro versions which we cant use here in the states. Than again, I could be wrong cause its been over a month or two since I was doing the research, build and install so its possible there are radios available for RR

Comment

what are you kidding

It works 100x better in RR than in CF

HD Radio was developed for RR, way before CF

CF's implementation is limited!

remember who created the HD Radio car pc storm

other people feel free to enlighten this gentlemen about RADIO support in RR for USA people
                Attached Files
                -Thanks
                Mitch
                www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Oh man that looks really sweet!!! What the plug in? Visteon? I mean, I asked on the forums about various questions and all I got was crickets hahahahah

Geez if I can get the radio working I would be switching to RR in a heartbeat! But the other issue I had I remember was the Nav software. Matter of fact as I recall, I purchased iGuidance online and never received the sofware! I called them, emailed and nothing. I had to file a claim with PayPal and 3 days later I got my money back....least to say I was kinda disappointed and that's what made me quit RR and just go with the boring CF

That's the truth....

In reality all I needed was, someone would post some info or links or what they are using that works...that's all. I did a few hours (lierally!) of search thru here and google and I got was old posts. Nothing that was new or pertained to updated info ref radios or anything.

Matter of fact I stumbled on a post in a thread that actually said "someone is working on a plug in for the Visteon HD radio" software so it could work with RR.

From there it was nothing again....
                  Last edited by 320i; 08-26-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

there is not plugin... HD Radio is part of RR, its always been a part of RR
                    no one was ever working on a plugin for visteon hd radio...
                    its just a radio module, and been with RR for MANY years now
                    -Thanks
                    Mitch
                    www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                    Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm.....so what the heck was I doing wrong? Ok sir, I'll get to the bottom of my mistake....

So what would you recommend to use as navigation? Obviously iGuidance is out!!! If I solve that, I will be golden! Hahahah

Comment

see navigation on the PC is limited
                        its just not an important product for navigation companies
                        its all about embedded devices

iguidance is what i got, prob older...
                        then there is
                        PC Navitgator 11
                        there is a paid and free version
                        download and try it (i mean see if its good outside of RR)

http://www.mapfactor.com/en/products.../navigator-11/

http://navigatorfree.mapfactor.com/en/

as for putting it in RR, 9/1 release of RR better supports it
                        while it can be done in 8/1, its not easy for people...
                        so i added better support and fixed some general nav issues in 8/8 and forward RR's

there are other options too, but you in USA, so thats a good choice
                        -Thanks
                        Mitch
                        www.rush2112.net

Sun, Come shine my way
                        Wind, Carry me home

Comment

Working...