Provided you have:
-GPS correctly configured in RR
-No GPS application running (or use XPort)
It should just be setting the localdatacaptureinterval=X setting to have it load the weather by current GPS city/location every X minutes. You should also be able to execute 'reloadweather' to load the weather from your current location if the above requirements are met.
ok i used the search button solved most of my problems!!
never the less.. i have 1 question..
i don't care about the zip codes of the country, what can i put instead of the zip codes to just ignore that..?
EDIT: solved everything.. i created a zips.Dat for Greece
there's seems to be a unicode problem when the city is in greek, it works fine in RR and displays OK but the weather returns nothing when it refreshes
return nothing.. they are not populated.. they only display when i select from a weather preset
How does it search for weather? using CURRENTCITY? or CURRENTSTATE?
The weather plugin will search using: CURRENTCITY, CURRENTSTATE ... considering how wunderground works, I'd make sure CURRENTCITY returns the city name and that CURRENTSTATE always returns your COUNTRY NAME. (So it always searchs in the format: CITY, COUNTRY -- this is how international searches should be done)
Yes, there is something wrong transfering the greek characters to WU.. i try the same search in WU web site and it finds the city OK.. But via RR No..
changing the CURRENTCITY and CURRENTSTATE to English, works OK also.
I have CURRENTSTATE=CURRENTCOUNTRY. Here is my zips.dat Zips.zip
EDIT: It would be nice if we could choose how the weather plugin searches..(choose between, city, state, country)
hey mate, it has been a long time..
of course i am using gps2city... and it works wonderfully in RR displaying all Labels even in unicode, (great job by the way).
weather does not work when using a greek language text in rr.ini as default preset.
yes they display the unicode information correctly.. (when using greek text)
cityweatherid shows what i have selected in rr.ini..
so i guess rr.ini is unicode, i remember you did that a year or two back