Help with Ratings/Favorite song playlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Ratings/Favorite song playlist

Could I get some guidance setting up a way to tag songs I like into a playlist or something?

I'm using a customized version of eLight Wings. I've reworked the skin images and underlying code to speed it up and suit the way I use it.
    Now I'd like to setup a button that would tag the current song into a list of favorite songs.

Is what I'm thinking of just a playlist or do I need something like RRmedia? I've tried playing with playlists but never had success. I may just not understand exactly how they work or are created.

Its a basic system with just music, radio and gps.
    I'm running XP with RR10/1/12 and Winamp.

Please let me know if you need more info.
    Thanks,
    davidk

Anyone?

Where do I start looking for something that will do what I want?
    I'm not asking to be spoon fed. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by davekra View Post
      Anyone?

Where do I start looking for something that will do what I want?
      I'm not asking to be spoon fed. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
      if you want to do it youreself i say go with activewinamp very easy to work with and the rating will go into winamps db, activewinamp is com based so you can use a small pi vbs scripts even autoit, there are some examples around how to, if you still need help i can give you some quick examples, RRMedia has its own db and own ratings and is already done fo the users,but for the speed of things, and keep things simple i say use activewinamp.
      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

Thanks man, that gives me a direction.
        Your skins use that method don't they? I hope you don't mind if I pick some of your work apart to see how it works.

Thanks again.
        davidk

Comment

Working...
        X