Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Temperature Module in the UK.

Hi guys,

I have found a very helpfull company in the uk that supply the temperature module either ready built or in kit form.

check out this website

http://www.quasarelectronics.com/3145.htm

Paul

Good site dude. they got a nice dual sterpper motor controller and 8 relay serial boards in the specials section.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
      Good site dude. they got a nice dual sterpper motor controller and 8 relay serial boards in the specials section.
      Actually: "Can be used with any PC parallel port" ... so not really serial... but just as easy to use, as long as you have that port unsused.

PS: Nice to be able to buy it assembled.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

From what I have heard about the dalas 1 wire net is that it can handle perisitic power but in this case with the serial port powering the pic microcentroler and the ds1820's you may get unrelyable results at higher and lower temps. I'v been working on a parallel interface but have yet to get it working. There are also much simpler serial and usb adaptors available if u for 1-wire pc adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
          From what I have heard about the dalas 1 wire net is that it can handle perisitic power but in this case with the serial port powering the pic microcentroler and the ds1820's you may get unrelyable results at higher and lower temps. I'v been working on a parallel interface but have yet to get it working. There are also much simpler serial and usb adaptors available if u for 1-wire pc adapter.
          Really I only used this temp sensor because I thought it was simple and cheap enough, if anybody has other temp sensors or suggestions I can easily add it -- I just wont have an easy way to test it unless somebody lets me borrow or donates a board for testing... but I am definitely not saying you should get this or that..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
            Actually: "Can be used with any PC parallel port" ... so not really serial... but just as easy to use, as long as you have that port unsused.

PS: Nice to be able to buy it assembled.
            If you are gonna be so pedantic: Here you go a serial one

3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Relay Controller
            3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Controller 3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Relay Controller
            PCB

Internal View
            3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Controller 3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Controller

3108 - Serial Port Isolated Input/Output Relay Controller Software Interface
            Windows Software Interface
            (click pictures for a bigger view)

Designed for use in a variety of control and sensing applications including load switching, external switch input sensing, contact closure and external voltage sensing.

Provides eight relay outputs (16 if you use two 3108 units and our upgrade kit

Comment

I will be developing software and posably hardware for 1-wire networks for in cars. I'll let u know as it comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
                I will be developing software and posably hardware for 1-wire networks for in cars. I'll let u know as it comes along.
                Big!
                EDIT: read my post http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...9&postcount=11
                For evenctually input....

Mauri

Comment

Did you make mlog and tlog? If so I tryed tlog (single temp measurements) and the connection diagram but couldent get it to get any temps from the lpt port (I have it set to normal in the bios). I was trying from inside window2k (which I think may be why it wouldent work)? I also have a different temp chip that the ds 1820 (I think its a ds1822. I will check when I get home).

Comment

Working...
                  X