Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: 2-12-05.. Flash Support!...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update: 2-12-05.. Flash Support!...

    Release 2-12-05 is out...

    http://guino.home.insightbb.com

    Update Includes the below listed (I'll use the bullet thingy):
    • Added Flash Support! (see sample with Skin Update)
    • Updated BrushMetal Skin with TV support
    • Added Mix ID3 tag load (loads available ID3 info separately)
    • Fixed "freeze" bug when software was running past mid-night
    • Yet more prevention against empty playlists

    About RADIO: Got that RadioTime card ordered.. now I gotta wait again..

    Try it at will, let me know of any bugs.. if you're having some sort of problem/bug, please add this line into the RR.INI file:

    debugmode=true

    Then try to reproduce the problem and send me the debug.txt file created in RR's folder.

    Thanks for your support,
    Enjoy!

    Next to come:
    -D-Link Radio support
    -Radiator Support
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

  • #2
    Girder:
    So far it's very cool remote works awsome in Audio mode but having some problems in video mode where the remote buttons dont seem to do anything when a video file is displayed full screen but when the info bar is displayed at the bottom the remote functions work fine without problems but i'd like to be able to use remote when a video is playing full screen i belive rr.exe is not receiving the remote commands when MPC is on top.

    PlayList
    ID3 is working ok now but would be cool if you could set which fields are displayed eg. Artist & Track Name or Album Name & Track Name.

    BUG: If i open a M3U file it opens the playlist and every other audio file in the subdirectories of where that m3u file is saved.
    www.vortexleather.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vortex
      Girder:
      So far it's very cool remote works awsome in Audio mode but having some problems in video mode where the remote buttons dont seem to do anything when a video file is displayed full screen but when the info bar is displayed at the bottom the remote functions work fine without problems but i'd like to be able to use remote when a video is playing full screen i belive rr.exe is not receiving the remote commands when MPC is on top.

      PlayList
      ID3 is working ok now but would be cool if you could set which fields are displayed eg. Artist & Track Name or Album Name & Track Name.

      BUG: If i open a M3U file it opens the playlist and every other audio file in the subdirectories of where that m3u file is saved.
      I'll try the Girder with video -- haven't had a chance to do it yet, but what you said makes sense, just need to add some extra code for full screen support..

      I was planning on adding the format for the playlist display.

      I haven't made any special handling for M3U files yet, if you want to simply open the M3U file by itself, then clear the playlist and use the ADD1 Button to add only the playlist.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

      "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

      Comment


      • #4
        OK great i hope you sort out the girder problem.

        Clear Playlist dont seem to work properly if i clear playlist the playlist on winamp is cleared but not in road runner so if i select a song it crashes Road Runner as it doesnt exist in winamp.

        In GPS mode using Map Monkey my start bar is displaying on top of Map Monkey covering half of the buttons if i click on the top at road runners title bar then the start bar dissapears but re-appears if i click anywhere on map monkey. Not sure if this is a problem with road runner or map monkey as i also had the same problem with Media Car with Map Monkey.
        www.vortexleather.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vortex
          OK great i hope you sort out the girder problem.

          Clear Playlist dont seem to work properly if i clear playlist the playlist on winamp is cleared but not in road runner so if i select a song it crashes Road Runner as it doesnt exist in winamp.

          In GPS mode using Map Monkey my start bar is displaying on top of Map Monkey covering half of the buttons if i click on the top at road runners title bar then the start bar dissapears but re-appears if i click anywhere on map monkey. Not sure if this is a problem with road runner or map monkey as i also had the same problem with Media Car with Map Monkey.
          -Ok, fixed the Girder-Video issue.. it works fine now both when the controls are displayed and when they're hidden.

          -I've fixed anothe bug with clear playlist, and added some more prevention against it crashing the software...

          -This taskbar "issue" is just an option of the taskbar itself -- you should just NOT use the "keep task bar on top of other windows option".

          I'll post those changes sometime tomorrow with the next update..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

          "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by guino
            -Ok, fixed the Girder-Video issue.. it works fine now both when the controls are displayed and when they're hidden.

            -I've fixed anothe bug with clear playlist, and added some more prevention against it crashing the software...

            -This taskbar "issue" is just an option of the taskbar itself -- you should just NOT use the "keep task bar on top of other windows option".

            I'll post those changes sometime tomorrow with the next update..
            Thanks for the task bar trick it has worked!

            One thing i noticed is if i close Map Monkey from whithin Map Monkey menu then Road Runner still displays a black GPS page until i press X or Back.

            Thanks for your help and i can't wait till next version
            www.vortexleather.com

            Comment


            • #7
              I get an error with the new version, 2-5-05 Binary download, since the source wasn't yet updated.

              Here is the Error that I am getting:

              Run-time error '53'
              File not found.


              This occurs on My laptp, I am just trying to test the new version before Putting it to the car. I then opened just Winamp and click Play, the same file plays not problem.

              Any Ideas? This is also with the ID3 tags on and off, both.

              Thanks,
              Bryan
              2000 Yukon Denali
              Shuttle SN65G2
              Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
              1GB PC800 Mem
              Radeon9200 PRO
              Seagate 120GB
              ATI Remote
              RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
              7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
              USB 2.0 Hub
              Rikaline GPS-6010
              PN11 802.11b Wireless
              XP Pro
              750W Inverter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vortex
                One thing i noticed is if i close Map Monkey from whithin Map Monkey menu then Road Runner still displays a black GPS page until i press X or Back.
                Well of course it does, that's what the X is for!
                Laidback


                The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bry21317
                  I get an error with the new version, 2-5-05 Binary download, since the source wasn't yet updated.

                  Here is the Error that I am getting:

                  Run-time error '53'
                  File not found.


                  This occurs on My laptp, I am just trying to test the new version before Putting it to the car. I then opened just Winamp and click Play, the same file plays not problem.

                  Any Ideas? This is also with the ID3 tags on and off, both.

                  Thanks,
                  Bryan
                  It's somewhat unsafe to close the screen when detecting that the enbbeded application has closed -- also, this provides for better future interfacing capabilities (i.e. running and alternating applications from same screen likin in the launch screen)

                  I believe you might be having problem with a playlist bug I just fixed.. can you tell me what exactly you do to get it ? Or better yet, add:

                  debugmode=true

                  That is, into your RR.INI file, run RR and cause the problem and PM me with the debug.txt file.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                  "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Does the launch applications option already work?

                    I'm trying to start some apps within RR but no success so far. I love to start floats mobile control to connect with my K700 mobile. This allows me to use the mobile as a remote control for all aplications on the pc (for example controlling winamp, mediaplayer, rebooting pc, shutting down lilliput, etc.)

                    If the launch option is already active I would apreciate some help in making it work.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here is what the Text File states:

                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Start
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Master Vol: Volume Control
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: No Treble Support
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: No Bass Support
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: No Master ON/OFF
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: Wave=&H1008/1
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: SW Synth=&H1004/2
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: 3D Depth=&H100A/3
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: SPDIF=&H1001/4
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: Aux=&H100A/5
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: TV Tuner Audio=&H1000/6
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: CD Player=&H1005/7
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: Line In=&H1002/8
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: Microphone=&H1003/9
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: Phone Line=&H1006/10
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Source: PC Speaker=&H100A/11
                      2/6/2005 4:00:50 PM: Winamp window not found.


                      Also, Winamp is running in the backround and is working correctly.

                      The window is showing Winamp 5.08.

                      It has been working fine on this computer, until this version.

                      The old version is now doing the same thing.

                      Thanks,
                      Bryan
                      2000 Yukon Denali
                      Shuttle SN65G2
                      Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                      1GB PC800 Mem
                      Radeon9200 PRO
                      Seagate 120GB
                      ATI Remote
                      RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                      7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                      USB 2.0 Hub
                      Rikaline GPS-6010
                      PN11 802.11b Wireless
                      XP Pro
                      750W Inverter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Partybuster
                        Does the launch applications option already work?

                        I'm trying to start some apps within RR but no success so far. I love to start floats mobile control to connect with my K700 mobile. This allows me to use the mobile as a remote control for all aplications on the pc (for example controlling winamp, mediaplayer, rebooting pc, shutting down lilliput, etc.)

                        If the launch option is already active I would apreciate some help in making it work.
                        The Launch screen is fully functional already. You basically need to set up a "launch" folder in the same format of MediaCar (SubFolders are the program names and a INI file in the folder has parameters such as path and Window title to enbedd). You can typically point this into your MediaCar's Launch folder and it should work.

                        On The PATH NOT FOUND: I am finishing to add improved debug info and error prevention to a release I'll post later today..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just tried my 'unreleased' MC skin on this and it looks like it will work fine. There are some monor tweeks to complete... including a big relisation that for some reason the only decent copy is on my CarPC ( guess who be doing what first thing lol ). Any way the point is that I will release it soon... and because of the way I do my skins there should be no big problem in putting your own logo in.

                          How ever - Guino - I would like to ask - is there any way you can place a setting in so that people like my self can select an external programe instead of the radio.

                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41604 is a good example of the skin... I'd like to start a web prog up embeded instead as I don't have mine connected - others may have other ideas.

                          Cheers guys

                          Terran
                          My Project Site

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ccsnet
                            Just tried my 'unreleased' MC skin on this and it looks like it will work fine. There are some monor tweeks to complete... including a big relisation that for some reason the only decent copy is on my CarPC ( guess who be doing what first thing lol ). Any way the point is that I will release it soon... and because of the way I do my skins there should be no big problem in putting your own logo in.

                            How ever - Guino - I would like to ask - is there any way you can place a setting in so that people like my self can select an external programe instead of the radio.

                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41604 is a good example of the skin... I'd like to start a web prog up embeded instead as I don't have mine connected - others may have other ideas.

                            Cheers guys

                            Terran
                            If you'd like to run an application when clicking the Radio button, simply change the code from "RADIO" into "RUNW;!<PATH+COMMAND>;<TITLE>" and it will do it. For example: "RUNW;!C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE" to run notepad, and return to RR when exiting. If you read the documentaion you can create custom "launch" screens with dynamic commands.
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by guino
                              Simply change the code from "RADIO" into "RUNW;!<PATH+COMMAND>;<TITLE>" and it will do it.
                              Just looking at the documentation now... I am not very clear where you are refering to.

                              Terran

                              EDIT if I read you right... this will only start the app maximised.. I was looking to have it embeded so it could still run and I could move to other screens and come back at some point in the very same way the GPS software does... example attached....
                              Attached Files
                              My Project Site

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X