Calling all Skinners! (RR needs u!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Skinners! (RR needs u!)

Who here is good at making skins? Guino has done an excellent job coding up a great app and it would be nice to be able to graphically display his new features with a better layout (buttons, etc...) Anyone up for it?
    '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Yeah, I will do it for Audi, Black with red backgroung one line Brushed Metal,
    next week will have some time after snowboarding in Austria
    My Car:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39693

Comment

I´ve been reading the forum since a few months ago, but this is my first post. Hi to everybody. And sorry for my bad english.
      I agree, Road Runner needs new skins, and it needs to use one of them as default interface (because almost all the mediacar apps appear to be the same, mostly because the 90 % are using the mitic Febsperanza´s Brushed Steel).
      But for me the way to go is the Febsperanza´s style, no other.
      A lot of people out there is using that skin because it's beautiful, it fits well with the car look and... it works very well. Clear, easy, efficient.
      So I'll try to do something new, but following the Brushed Steel style...
      I'm not a professional designer, so I'll need help with the icons. Lets do a "graphic team".

What do you think about it?

Comment

Originally posted by xequtor
        Yeah, I will do it for Audi, Black with red backgroung one line Brushed Metal,
        next week will have some time after snowboarding in Austria
        I would love to see a Audi skin. Can't wait
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

looking good... for my needs, i would like to still use RR's brushed metal skin, but alter some buttons (like change the "vis" button in the playlist screen to a button that minimizes RR) as well as having a more intuitive video section.... kinda like frodoplayer... but its definately good to see that people are working on other designs for RR!!! keep up the good work
          '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
            looking good... for my needs, i would like to still use RR's brushed metal skin, but alter some buttons (like change the "vis" button in the playlist screen to a button that minimizes RR) as well as having a more intuitive video section.... kinda like frodoplayer... but its definately good to see that people are working on other designs for RR!!! keep up the good work
            PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Do not put too many buttons like the extra up down ones in the music mode there are already some on the right side of the list so don't know why we really need them the destinator button one is ok.

It just makes it hard to press as i have big fingers and only a 7" touchscreen.
            www.vortexleather.com

Comment

perhaps if someone can change the "eye" vis button in the playlist screen to "minimize" RR, that would be real cool since visualizations dont even work anyways.... putting minimize in the exit menu would be great too... not sure how to go about doing that though

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                perhaps if someone can change the "eye" vis button in the playlist screen to "minimize" RR, that would be real cool since visualizations dont even work anyways.... putting minimize in the exit menu would be great too... not sure how to go about doing that though
                Easy to add a minimize function.. but visualizations will be added ...
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

OK, if we´ll do this, let's do it well. I don't know too much about programming, but I know something about ergonomy and user interfaces. This means a lot of work for Guino, but I think that I've a few good ideas.
                  First, if you like the "concept" of my skin, we could spent more time improving it. I'ts easy to see that it'll be an evolution of Brushed Steel, but it must be "different"/better, not the same graphics one more time.
                  - We'd need a "standard" set of buttons, with an identifier (name or number) and its function. I mean:
                  1 / Play
                  2 / Pause...
                  or
                  PLAY / Play
                  PAUSE / Pause...
                  If we can define their size and position, it'll be easy for everybody to set their own user interface configuration. Example:
                  Play (16,24) -> (left upper corner of button Play)
                  Vis (16, 48)...
                  Now, Chita79 wants a minimize button instead a visualization one:
                  Play (16,24)
                  Min (16,48)...
                  This is already done, but it could be better.
                  Another use:
                  Brand (64, 92) - We don't need to edit the "main graphics" for the change of the car brand displayed.
                  Please, consider the use of PNG graphics too. It's a very good format for this, it's small and it supports alpha channel (transparency), needed for "eye candy" and the system of "interchangeable buttons". This way we could use rounded buttons easily.
                  Take a look here:
                  www.foobarlooks.tk
                  Well, time for Guino. Suggestions, opinions?
                  PD- Guino, my english is very bad, if you´re brazilian maybe we could speak in our native languages privately (I'm spanish).

Comment

All I can say is taht I am going to get HIGH QUALITY pictures from Clarion and Pannasonic and Pionieer so I am going to make a skin based on them... I am not telling when and whitch.. I will post as soon I have finished the skin
                    Project done in: [####################] - 85%
                    - Custom center console
                    - Custom trunk
                    Se my project here

Comment

i think we actually need a more "tech" or abstract look to this kind of software...
                      look at todays HU´s, all of them are advancing more and more in who has the best "design"
                      i like the brushed metal skin, but lets be serious...one of the biggest reasons for choosing a software is it´s ergonomy and its LOOKS!
                      a tech and/or abstract type of skin is what i think would be most interesting...

Comment

I agree with you, but maybe the default interface must be more neutral, matching the plastic and "default controls" of the car. That was the febsperanza's goal. Think that everybody don't want a F-18 appearance.
                        And I understand what you can say, but the HUDs are not designed for press buttons, they're for display info only.
                        Well, it's another good idea for a new skin.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelGR
                          I agree with you, but maybe the default interface must be more neutral, matching the plastic and "default controls" of the car. That was the febsperanza's goal. Think that everybody don't want a F-18 appearance.
                          And I understand what you can say, but the HUDs are not designed for press buttons, they're for display info only.
                          Well, it's another good idea for a new skin.
                          yeah of course! but that´s the charm with skinnable software, you can choose your look and feel i´m more into F-18 looks, but some other guy likes his install clean, then it´s good to actually have that choice! =)

Comment

To tech skin / abstract = donaldduck..

Think and old Ford explorer with abstrack front end skin.. It is the same as you put a old pinto engine into a 350Z...

The best skin for car schould be a skin that is based on dash look. I mean one skin for each type of car. A skin that has same design en look as dash in the car..
                            Ths is the ultimate sin for the cars. It is not a problem to make such a skin, but then skinners has to bade 100's of them
                            Project done in: [####################] - 85%
                            - Custom center console
                            - Custom trunk
                            Se my project here

Comment

naaw..your´e wrong there, people have different tastes, styles and opinions, all those have to be respected...but i´ll give you an example of what i consider a tech/abstract skin

Comment

Working...
                              X