RR+Flash = Song Title Scroll...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR+Flash = Song Title Scroll...

Ok, with the new Flash Support into RR, it should be possible to build some pretty cool stuff. One of them being the so requested feature for the Song Title Smooth Scroll. From the little I learnt of Flash (for integration) I have been able to make the song title scroll through the screen, just not the way I wanted.. I ended up spending too much time on it and gave up. Here are some of the highlights for the Flash support:

-Flash objects are transparent by default, so skinning should be very easy.
    -You can insert multiple Flash objects within the same screen.
    -You can use any of the informations RR can display into your Flash Object
    -You can execute any Skin Command through any Flash Object

On top of that, Flash actually can pull up info from web servers so I would like to see some type of News/Weather plugins at some point.

I'll be more than glad to add any extra functionality I have not examined...
    Both the Full Skin and Update Package for brush metal at my page have a Sample.fla|swf files that show how to pull up info from RR and how to send commands to RR. The included sample displays the current song title and a play/pause button on the main menu.

If you're interested in testing this sample, you should uncomment the last lines of the menu.skin file (comments provided with related info).

I hope we all can benefit from this,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

very, very, very good
    See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

Comment

Is it possible to have more info on this???? Looks very interesting

Comment

Somebody have to make the "flash" scroll.
        Guino has tested it, but he is not able to control how it scrolls (perhaps problems scroll between a certain range or only at long tracknames...), cause he "only" has basic knowledge in flash programming.
        So flash cracks come on and help us

Winni

Comment

Originally posted by Winni
          Somebody have to make the "flash" scroll.
          Guino has tested it, but he is not able to control how it scrolls (perhaps problems scroll between a certain range or only at long tracknames...), cause he "only" has basic knowledge in flash programming.
          So flash cracks come on and help us

Winni
          That's Right! I don't have enough knowledge of Flash to resize the textbox with the title to where it will not cut the very long song titles... I have seen basic examples of how to scroll a fixed size text..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
          X