Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct installation procedure?

Hi,

I want to try Road Runner out but I have a slight doubt about installation. What components do I need to install? Winamp? Winamp+MediaCar1.9? What is required for RR?

Thanks!
    Roy
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

someone on this forum made an auto installation package have a search becuase the answer is out there.

Comment

There is a link to it on guinos website but not sure which version is included with it, you may have to use the installer then download the binaries separate to upgrade to the latest version.

Comment

Thanks guys, I did search, and I do have the installer.

I got the installer, but the installer mentions "Includes everything but MediaCar and Winamp"... which leads me to think I need those two.... Do I? What version of winamp do I need?

Thanks!
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

you dont need Media car anymore.
          2011 Nissan Frontier SL
          AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
          OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

You can download any version of Winamp, I believe. I have seen some people using version 2.9 on here, I personally have the 5.08 version, which you can get from: http://www.winamp.com/player/

I created the Installation, I have updated it as of this morning to include the latest changes from Guino as of 2-13-05. My download page for it is located at: www.majesticpw.com/roadrunner/Index.htm

Thanks,
            Bryan
            MTU
            2000 Yukon Denali
            Shuttle SN65G2
            Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
            1GB PC800 Mem
            Radeon9200 PRO
            Seagate 120GB
            ATI Remote
            RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
            7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
            USB 2.0 Hub
            Rikaline GPS-6010
            PN11 802.11b Wireless
            XP Pro
            750W Inverter

Comment

Originally posted by bry21317
              You can download any version of Winamp, I believe. I have seen some people using version 2.9 on here, I personally have the 5.08 version, which you can get from: http://www.winamp.com/player/

I created the Installation, I have updated it as of this morning to include the latest changes from Guino as of 2-13-05. My download page for it is located at: www.majesticpw.com/roadrunner/Index.htm

Thanks,
              Bryan
              MTU
              Remember what I asked you about registering the font? Well I just tried your installer and it unregistered the LCD Grid Display font. When I ran Road Runner all text that uses lcd2 font were not displayed (just blank). I had to uninstall it and reinstall it to use it. However I think a reboot would have resolved this problem.

Anyway, I just thought you would want to know.
              BTW I am using XP sp1.
              It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

I just tried this again on a system with XP Media Center 2005 SP2 and it worked fine. I had not yet installed Road Runner on it, using my Install. I did the Installation, didn't reboot, and then went to Control Panel\Fonts. The Lcd2.ttf and the arialn.ttf fonts showed up fine.

I have just deleted the 2 fonts, then reinstalled the program using the Update on my Install, it also replaced these fonts correctly.

Everything Seems to be working fine on this, from what I can see.

Can you tell me anymore as to how I might check this or where? Is this the correct spot to see if they are actually correctly registered?

Thanks,
                Bryan
                2000 Yukon Denali
                Shuttle SN65G2
                Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                1GB PC800 Mem
                Radeon9200 PRO
                Seagate 120GB
                ATI Remote
                RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                USB 2.0 Hub
                Rikaline GPS-6010
                PN11 802.11b Wireless
                XP Pro
                750W Inverter

Comment

I just tried this again on a system with XP Media Center 2005 SP2 and it worked fine. I had not yet installed Road Runner on it, using my Install. I did the Installation, didn't reboot, and then went to Control Panel\Fonts. The Lcd2.ttf and the arialn.ttf fonts showed up fine.

I have just deleted the 2 fonts, then reinstalled the program using the Update on my Install, it also replaced these fonts correctly.

Everything Seems to be working fine on this, from what I can see.

Can you tell me anymore as to how I might check this or where? Is this the correct spot to see if they are actually correctly registered?

Thanks,
                  Bryan
                  I had the font installed already and when I ran your install program it unregistered the lcd2 font. Try running your installer on your PC that already has the font installed. Thats what I did and after the install the font didnt show in rr, so I uninstalled the font then reinstalled it and the font did show.

EDIT When I say unregistered I mean that its in the font dir. but it cant be seen in RR. Where ever text using lcd2 font are displayed in RR, the area is just blank, as though there were no text to be displayed.

Comment

more mods,
                    This is wierd, I tried it on 2 systems, that it was already installed on, what option have you used in my Install, upgrade?

I am not sure why it didn't work for you, it worked fine here.

Not sure what else to try, yet.

Bryan
                    2000 Yukon Denali
                    Shuttle SN65G2
                    Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                    1GB PC800 Mem
                    Radeon9200 PRO
                    Seagate 120GB
                    ATI Remote
                    RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                    USB 2.0 Hub
                    Rikaline GPS-6010
                    PN11 802.11b Wireless
                    XP Pro
                    750W Inverter

Comment

more mods,
                      This is wierd, I tried it on 2 systems, that it was already installed on, what option have you used in my Install, upgrade?

I am not sure why it didn't work for you, it worked fine here.

Not sure what else to try, yet.

Bryan
                      Options, I just went with the defaults (I made no changes). I already had RR installed in C:\Program Files\ Road Runner and MPC in C:\Program Files\Media Player Classic and the lcd2 font was already installed and registered.

After I used your installer I ran the config tool, set everything up and then ran RR with my skin (uses lcd2 font every where). When I went into audio player there were no song titles showing so I went into the audio browser. Same thing, the icons were there, but no text beside them. I opened a folder and again there were icons but no text. I selected one and and it started playing, but there was no text in the audio player anywhere. Then I opened my windows font dir and the font was there but when I double clicked it to view the font all the previews were empty (you now where it shows what the font looks like at various point sizes). Then from the control panel I uninstalled the lcd2 font then reinstalled it and then RR was fine.

The font install thing kicked my ***, when I tried to make an installer for my skin. Here's what I think. Have you ever tried to drop a font into the font dir. when there is already a copy of that font there? You cant windows will tell you to uninstall the one that's there first. I'll bet that's where the problem comes in.

Comment

Can't you simple test if the file exists, and if that's the case, just leave it alone ? I assume if the file is there, chances are it's already registered, if not, then you can copy and register it normally.. just a thought..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          Can't you simple test if the file exists, and if that's the case, just leave it alone ? I assume if the file is there, chances are it's already registered, if not, then you can copy and register it normally.. just a thought..
                          I think so but I could never figure out how to get NSIS to do it. I requires more scripting knowledge than I have. I even tried to get help on the NSIS forum, they said it depends on the rest of the script.

Comment

When I get some time again, I will try to see if it is possible to not copy the file in if it exists.

This can be a pain to try to do and have it all work correctly in Installshield, so I might not beable to get it to work.

I wonder why your system is having problems with this. I have installed it on My Laptop (XP Pro SP2), a desktop at work(Media Center 2005 SP2), and my carputer(XP Pro SP1) all of which work without any problems, rather the font is installed or not. On each of these systems I have tried deleting the fonts from the folder and making sure they were Removed, then copying them in and installing them manually, then running my program and it works fine with each of the 3 systems. So I am at a loss as to why yours is having this problem.

I have not yet seen anyone else complain about this on the forums.

And there have been about 800 downloads of the Install Program since I put it out. So there are people downloading it and using it.

Thanks,
                            Bryan
                            2000 Yukon Denali
                            Shuttle SN65G2
                            Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                            1GB PC800 Mem
                            Radeon9200 PRO
                            Seagate 120GB
                            ATI Remote
                            RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                            USB 2.0 Hub