Flash + commands/buttons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash + commands/buttons

how can i get something in a flash movie to execute a command in RR, all the buttons seem to load "behind" the flash movie, is there a way to define something in flash to make RR execute a command?

great software btw
    2001 Explorer
    Xenarc, Opus 90W, 120 GB HD, Bondo everywhere

Sold the Explorer...got a 350z

Originally posted by ibrennan
    how can i get something in a flash movie to execute a command in RR, all the buttons seem to load "behind" the flash movie, is there a way to define something in flash to make RR execute a command?

great software btw
    Sure.. in flash all you have to do is use "fscommand"... it does not have to be in a button (as my sample shows).. it can be anywhere in your actionscript code.. anything that can execute the fscommand in flash will be able to send a command into RR.. the list of commands is the same ones for the button commands listed in the "Skin commands.txt" file.. for instance:
    fscommand("PLAY", "") would act as a play button being executed in RR.

it's really all that simple, but let me know if you need more details..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

thanks

works great!!!!
      2001 Explorer

Comment

Were is the example for with the flash imbedded in the skin? I looked on your web site, but couldn't find it...
        VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

its in the latest brushed metal skin update on his site
          2001 Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverWise
            Were is the example for with the flash imbedded in the skin? I looked on your web site, but couldn't find it...
            The sample.swf|fla files are in the brushmetal update.. the definitions example is in the menu.skin file (last 3 comment lines). sorry, haven't had much time to organize everything yet..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
            X