Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brushed Skin Needs Some Editing (Bigger Buttons)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushed Skin Needs Some Editing (Bigger Buttons)

is there anyone here who can just keep the style of the brushed look, but in the music section make the play controls bigger.... perhaps making the other buttons smaller, and having the play, forward, and back buttons bigger? Those buttons are TINY and you can easily get in an accident trying to hit the right button! thanks!
    '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

here are a few screenshots of the brushed metal skin i modified. it is still a work in progress. but i will post what i have so far if anyone is interested.

http://www.southsearattan.dynu.com/c...RoadRunner.zip
    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

OOOOHHHHH, I Like, I want, give it to me now!!!!

: Jetway J7F2 1.5Ghz Mainboard : Cubid 3688 : CarNetix CNX-P1260 :
      : Netgear 802.11g PCMCIA : 2 x LinITX 7" Screens :
      : BU353 USB GPS Mouse : Panasonic UJ845 DVDRW :

Comment

nice i like the big buttons on play area can you make one with silver glow around when you hover over buttons? it will go nicely with the brushmetal colours.
        www.vortexleather.com

Comment

is it just me or does anyone think the "mixer" button is useless in the music and video screens? Is there anyway you can make like a button that says maybe "MIN" inside it instead? btw, i really like what youve done! Does the mute button change when you hit it? i think it would be nice if the button looks pressed when its muted, and "unpressed" when not muted.
          i would def. like a copy when its ready
          '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Can we have a 800x600 version.
            www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
              is it just me or does anyone think the "mixer" button is useless in the music and video screens? Is there anyway you can make like a button that says maybe "MIN" inside it instead? btw, i really like what youve done! Does the mute button change when you hit it? i think it would be nice if the button looks pressed when its muted, and "unpressed" when not muted.
              i would def. like a copy when its ready
              Just edit your .skin files for video and audio player and change the line that says "MIXER" into "MINIMIZE" .. that will allow you to minimize it.. (although, when playing video, I'm not quite sure). Also, the last version had the minimize/taskbar disabled by accident (oops).

If you simply make the button "pressed" when on mute, it will "reshape" itself into normal when you hover/press other buttons -- this is because RR needs to update the button that is being "hovered" .. you can make the button blink instead..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
              "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

yeah, i already edited the .skin file to Minimize and ive had that for a while now, i was just curious if someone can edit the actual skin jpgs to have a button saying "Min "instead of the mixer button but i still think that making the player controls bigger is the biggest concern for most people..

Comment

i'm working on similar right now with those larger buttons / blinking mute, slider..

i'm also looking to release separate front menus with 'radio button swapped for xxx'

just give us a minute or three.. it'll get sorted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

the blank / custom front end can be added to the car logos when they find a home...

Comment

Originally posted by RhinoT16S
                      the blank / custom front end can be added to the car logos when they find a home...
                      I'm liking it please keep us updated
                      www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Dang these are NICE!!

Comment

just adjusting the playlist/freq/timeleft/bitrate etc so they don't overlap the border below.

see the 'y' in 'Lemon Jelly - KY' and the 'p' in bps - it slightly is too low.. just moving it up a tad.

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
                            here are a few screenshots of the brushed metal skin i modified. it is still a work in progress. but i will post what i have so far if anyone is interested.

http://www.southsearattan.dynu.com/c...RoadRunner.zip
                            Nice looking.. 848x480 is probably a better res though as its 16:9.... I made that mistake along time ago.

Terran
                            My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
                              Just wondering if I can have any copys of the PSDs for this... looks like form the colour its an exact match to the ones I am working on so would ( if OK with you ) save me LOADS of time.

Many Thanks

Terran
                              My Project Site

Comment

Working...
                              X