Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 2-17-05 .. long shot...

Here's a few highlights of this version:

-Re-design of internal navigational funcions to fully support looping screens (call any screen from anywhere)
    -Improved Visualization support
    -Fixed TV Shuffle bug
    -Map Monkey SDK is now implemented to provide perfect embedding and skin commands to control and show MM info
    -Added a few extra skin commands (see 'Skin Commands.txt')

Still got no radio tuner (this sucks)..

This is a version I call "long shot" because it's very doubtful that it won't present many bugs.. I did fix a bunch of the stuff reported, but I'm afraid that by re-doing the navigational code I may have introduced a few more..

Let me know,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

a bug hunt always makes more bugs come out of their holes..... but hey... u still rock Guino

but the first thing i noticed was that RR no longer shows in the taskbar

i'll start going trough it with my skin adding and chaning here and there
    Food goes in here..... that's right ... mmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      Here's a few highlights of this version:

-Map Monkey SDK is now implemented to provide perfect embedding and skin commands to control and show MM info
      -Added a few extra skin commands (see 'Skin Commands.txt')

Guino.
      Hi Guino,

does this mean, that there is a chance to embedd the Destinatior Window totally in RR?? So it is possible to control MM Via the RR Skin??(like Centrafuse?? http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...achmentid=9281)

Thx
      Deepgear

Comment

From what I have seen of the command etc, yup ... it just needs the skin files and images changing and it can be controlled, only thing I'm not sure about is if you can embed fully.

Comment

yea guino, have you had a chance to check out that id3 tag prob..haven't seen it listed in the updates yet and i'll try 2-17 tonight when i get off work..
          RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
          Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
          Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
          RRMedia
          RRExtended
          DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Originally posted by Deepgear
            Hi Guino,

does this mean, that there is a chance to embedd the Destinatior Window totally in RR?? So it is possible to control MM Via the RR Skin??(like Centrafuse?? http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/atta...achmentid=9281)

Thx
            Deepgear
            Yes! As long as you remove the Infobar and Toolbar (bottom of MM) you should be able to create the same buttons in the skin of RR, and display the same info as well... I am still going to add some more support for info that can't be pulled with the D3Request such as separate ifo for City, Zip etc..

Version 2-17-05 will embbed fully within RR.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by holistic
              a bug hunt always makes more bugs come out of their holes..... but hey... u still rock Guino

but the first thing i noticed was that RR no longer shows in the taskbar

i'll start going trough it with my skin adding and chaning here and there
              Sorry bud.. I commented out two lines of code that make RR crash if I stop it in VB.. those two lines are to load the SDK and Taskbar support for RR. I just have to uncomment them and post it again.. I'll do this later today..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Blue ZX3
                yea guino, have you had a chance to check out that id3 tag prob..haven't seen it listed in the updates yet and i'll try 2-17 tonight when i get off work..
                Sorry.. I wrote it in a piece of paper and lost it. (organized me?) anyway, I wrote it down again to look at it..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

guino, you are just too cool. You are doing such a fantastic job and you are updating your front end with major improvements almost daily!! Also you attitude is very positive.

I noticed your "make a donation" button on your website and I will be making use of it!! Give me a few days.

Comment

Yeah, it's updated so often that I never egen get a chance to upgrade in the car. Still using 02-05 (which souldn't be considerd old with other software but...)

guino is my hero
                    1984 BMW 323i (E30)
                    [==========] 90%
                    EPIA MII10000
                    256MB RAM
                    40GB 2,5" HD
                    Lilliput 7" TS
                    Hacked Travla C134
                    Haicom CF GPS

Comment

if stability becomes an issue, why not do the Linux distro idea of letting even numbers represent stable releases and odd being the beta... so maybe do fixes, compile, release 1.1... then do updates/upgrades, compile, release 1.2??

I would rather stability, but I know some are more "cutting edge" than me... just my $0.02
                      EPIA SP13000, 512 DDR400, Seagate 300GB, Belkin PCI 802.11g w/external antenna, Holux GM-210 GPS, XM Direct w/ serial, Dlink FM, Opus 120 p\s, Rockford P4004 amp, Xenarc 7" VGA touchscreen custom mounted in double din spot -- see pics and write up here!!

Comment

Found a little bug .. the shuffle indicator does not show up on the brushed metal skin. It is setting WinAmp to shuffle ... but no indication on the screen. The repeat indicator works fine.
                        Lexus SC300:
                        Shuttle SB65G2/P4 2.4GHz/512 Meg RAM/120G Drive/Dynamix 706 TS/M4-ATX PSU/Rikaline 6010 GPS/RR/iGuidance 4

Corvette:
                        VIA EPIA SP-13000/512Meg RAM/250G drive/M1-ATX PSU/Xenarc 7" TS/BU-353 GPS/RR/iGuidance 4

Comment

I just updated the Install to have this version in it.

Later,
                          Bryan
                          2000 Yukon Denali
                          Shuttle SN65G2
                          Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                          1GB PC800 Mem
                          Radeon9200 PRO
                          Seagate 120GB
                          ATI Remote
                          RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                          7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                          USB 2.0 Hub
                          Rikaline GPS-6010
                          PN11 802.11b Wireless
                          XP Pro
                          750W Inverter

Comment

I'm a little unclear on how to skin for the embedded mapmonkey. Are their seperate skin files that are only loaded if mapmonkey is selected? I don't want to just change the general gps skin and have it not work for people running other apps. Also, how do you turn off the toolbar in mm?

Thanks
                            Cobelli

Comment

Also significant bugs in this release:
                              As stated rr no longer shows up on the taskbar and you can run multiple instances

Comment

Working...
                              X