What TV tuners ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What TV tuners ?

I am in the process of gathering all my Car PC stuff and have come to the point
    of buying a TV tuner. Since I am Definetly using RR can you Guys that have succesfully embeded and used a TV card with RR please post your TV card models so I don't end up buying a card that does not operate with RR.

Thanks you ALL in advance
    The road is long but we are getting there.

my card

hi, as soon as i saw what RR (and guino too) is able to do i bought a TV-FM tuner card. after a (not so) quick search on the web i decided to buy a Cinergy 600 TV: it's really good. good image quality, very fast program shift, very accurate frequency scanning, even for the FM tuner (that, moreover, has RDS so i can get rid of my radio in order to make place for something else...). For me this card works really well, but i think a Pinnacle or Avermedia works fine too....

bye.

Comment

I've got a FlyTV Prime 30, FM and TV tuner
      works perfectly with dscaler, radiator and girder
      and costs about 50 dollars (40 euro)
      what more?
      Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
      Celeron 1.2ghz
      256mb DDR-2 533
      80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
      Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
      M2-ATX
      8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Hi guys

I will suggest AverMedia TV Studio 303, I bought it 3 weeks ago. The good news is that it has many features including that the software is skinnable and I already made my first Brushed Metal skin, yes the one from febreaza.

I have just 1-2 hours of work and it will be erleased for you.

It suports all the features of the software with prefered skin!!!

As software it is very stable, quick between the channel change, supports timeswift, has PIP for playback and TV view, ... and very good tuner, but no RDS

Cheers

Michael
        Attached Files

Comment

That's good news!!!

Kalh duleia!!!!!!!

Comment

Kai esi exeis kaneis poli kali doulia, tin eixa dei prin liges meres

Bravo

Mixalis

Comment

what antenna do you need/use to make this work?? Where do you place this antenna?
              MII 6000; 256 MB; lilliput touchscreen; 40GB; bluetooth SE 68i; software still experimenting switched from mediacar to frodopayer, phonecontrol, destinator 3 (NM), and others.
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31991

Comment

TerraTec Cinergy works fine too
                Project done in: [####################] - 85%
                - Custom center console
                - Custom trunk
                Se my project here

Comment

I do my testings with my ATI All-In-Wonder -- works great
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I just bought a Hauppauge (read: $149) win tv usb II pvr tv and fm tuner. How can I embed it into RR? I can control the tuner with my minikey, do I just need to assign keyboard keys to RR buttons? Any help is appreciated. I just want to see the tv in a RR skin with basic up and down channels or stations. Same thing for the FM tuner.

Comment

I am also looking for this... I would like:

- tv
                      - fm
                      - video input for camera
                      - no external power

Is this at all possible?!?!?! (EXTERNAL USB2 Please)

The Hauppauge seems to require power, and the one that doesnt require power doesnt do FM???

Also, do I need to use the line in for FM audio for all cards? I wanted just USB to the computer, so I can use my input for my microphone (before I upgrade my soundcard)...

Thanks!
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by bigaaron
                        I just bought a Hauppauge (read: $149) win tv usb II pvr tv and fm tuner. How can I embed it into RR? I can control the tuner with my minikey, do I just need to assign keyboard keys to RR buttons? Any help is appreciated. I just want to see the tv in a RR skin with basic up and down channels or stations. Same thing for the FM tuner.
                        To set up any TV Tuner in RR:

-Install the TV plugin -- see my site (scroll down on main page)
                        -Get a skin with TV support -- Brushmetal update does
                        -Go in winamp (Alone), press 'configure' on the TV input plugin, tell it to use "Thin Frame", and then tell it where to save presets and do a quick scan.
                        -Go in RRconfig and set the location of your TV presets, when RR starts the TV, it will load them up as channels and show you the TV feed.

To set up the radio:

-Install Radiator
                        -Configure it to work with your card
                        -Run RRconfig and set the location you installed Radiator, and set it to use Radiator.. when RR starts it will start radiator and let you scan/add presets to use with it.

I believe the hauppauge is well supported in Radiator.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Great, thanks!
                          The Hauppauge model I have does everything through the usb cable except it needs power (6vdc) so I just used a 2000ma cigarette adaptor set on 6v and I use the amp turn on from my m1-atx power supply to kick on a bosch relay which powers up the 6v adaptor, turns on my 5ch power amplifier, my alpine eq, and my power antenna (I have a override switch to put that down if im not using the tuner). I power up the audigy nx and the usb slim dvd player from the 5v output on the m1-atx. It's all getting dialed in daily.

Comment

all you guys with the wintv pvr usb 2.0, i have a few questions... first, how are you guys powering it up in the car? and second, how are you getting TV stations? what i mean by this is, what are you connecting the winTV too? im a little unclear about the whole thing, and i wanted to add tv/radio functionality to my carpc thanks
                            '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

OK. One more question

What type of antenna do you guys use and where do you mount it for good TV reception in the car.
                              The road is long but we are getting there.

Comment

Working...
                              X