Need help with my skin. (pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my skin. (pics)

Working on a skin for my nissan with the buttons that I want. I did the graphics part but there are some things I want to change with the .ini's etc.

800X480 Brushed Metal (used feb's psd's.)

Menu on & off
    Attached Files

menu empty and menu down.
    Attached Files

Comment

Menu.ini cut from below this line

MEDIACAR Skin
      MEDIACAR F-CNS (800X480) Menu skin
      menu_empty.jpg,menu_off.jpg,menu_on.jpg,menu_down. jpg

/, (B) Buttons
      /, x y w h Code tooltip
      /, --- --- --- --- ----- -------
      B01,011,054,369,093,"AUDIO","Audio Player"
      B02,418,054,369,093,"VIDEO","Video player"
      B03,011,145,321,093,"DVD","DVD Player"
      B04,466,145,321,093,"WEATHER","Weather Forcast"
      B05,011,240,369,093,"LAUNCH","Launcher"
      B06,418,238,369,093,"GPS","GPS"
      B07,660,340,085,072,"MIXER","Mixer settings"
      B08,290,424,226,056,"EXIT","Exit"
      B09,546,424,226,056,"APPS","Applications"
      B10,025,424,226,056,"PHONE","Phone"
      B11,537,341,085,071,"VOL+","Volume+"
      B12,190,341,085,071,"VOL-","Volume-"
      B13,047,340,085,072,"MUTE","Mute"

/, (I) Indicator
      /, x y w h Code
      /, --- --- --- --- -----
      I01,086,356,018,034,"MUTE"

/, (Y) Slider Style
      /, Back Slider file path
      /, ----------------------
      Y01,"SLIDER3\SLIDER_*.gif"

/, (S) Slider
      /, Slider
      /, x y w h x1 y1 w1 h1 O Style Pointer file path h2 Code tooltip
      /, --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- - ----- ----------------- --- ----- -------
      /,S01,295,378,260,023,295,378,260,023,H,01,"SLIDER3 \POINTER.gif",014,"MASTER","Master"
      S01,283,373,234,028,277,376,258,028,H,01,"SLIDER3\ POINTER.gif",013,"MASTER","Master"

/, (L) Label
      /, x y w h r g b pt font Code tooltip
      /, --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -- ---- ---- -------
      L01,010,012,200,024,255,255,255,18,"Arial Narrow:B","TIME","Time"
      L02,665,012,200,024,255,255,255,18,"Arial Narrow:B","DATE","Date"

END

Comment

If your menu.off it's like your menu.on there's something wrong...
        You missed a .jpg !!!
        See my car and donate for spinning logos at www.ildena.it/carpc

Comment

Would like help figuring out how to actually make those buttons I added do something. Games would go to a front end for some kind of emulator.

Weather would either 1) act like centrafuse and display a nice skinned weather panel. or 2) launch an embedded web browser that goes to a pre-selected link showing the weather.

Edit: oh and phone would I guess launch phone control.

So what do I need to put in the menu.ini? anyone have a working setup I can peek at?

Comment

Originally posted by ildena
            If your menu.off it's like your menu.on there's something wrong...
            You missed a .jpg !!!
            Nope, you may have clicked the same one twice.
            I just checked. works fine?? try again?

Comment

Attached is my audio browser screen. I added a Play button in the center group on the left. What I would like is a command that when this is pressed it will clear the current playist **AND** either start playing the selected file **OR** if the selected file is a folder containing multple .mp3's such as a album, it will clear the current playlist and cue up that whole folder in a new playlist and then start playing it.

So in function you would from main menu click on music, click on browse button, select the file(or folder) you want, then click that play button to play that selected file or delete current playlist and create a new one with contents of selected folder.

Is there such a command or capability?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mpfjr
                Attached is my audio browser screen. I added a Play button in the center group on the left. What I would like is a command that when this is pressed it will clear the current playist **AND** either start playing the selected file **OR** if the selected file is a folder containing multple .mp3's such as a album, it will clear the current playlist and cue up that whole folder in a new playlist and then start playing it.

So in function you would from main menu click on music, click on browse button, select the file(or folder) you want, then click that play button to play that selected file or delete current playlist and create a new one with contents of selected folder.

Is there such a command or capability?
                "select" does the first thing and the second one too! It clears the list and starts playing the song (when mp3 selected) -- it will also add the other files of the folder to the playlist. When the selected item is a folder, it clears the playlist and then adds the folder to the playlist and starts playing it..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  "select" does the first thing and the second one too! It clears the list and starts playing the song (when mp3 selected) -- it will also add the other files of the folder to the playlist. When the selected item is a folder, it clears the playlist and then adds the folder to the playlist and starts playing it..

I'll give it a try but I think it just adds the new stuff to the end of an ever growing play list, not clearing it first.

I'll check it out again.

Comment

"select" clears the playlist then adds items... "select+" simply adds the items (without clearing list) as you've mentioned.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

New Menu and I could use someones help getting the menu.ini's set up and working.

here is the .zip file containing my whole skin.

click here to download

Below is the new menu.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And here is what it looks like because I don't know how to fix it.

Attached Files

Comment

you have to define the CORRECT area for your buttons in the skin or it won't show right... right now I can tell that you still have the .skin file defining two volume buttons along with TV and Phone buttons... that's why RR only is showing the area of those buttons... just make sure you define your two new buttons on the screen with their respective sizes and positions. Also be prepared for the criticism of not having a volume slider in the main menu.. haha
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

LOL, yah but my system goes through my head unit so my volume control is via steerign wheel controls so I don't need no stinkin' volume control on the main menu

Thanks for the help, I'll check it out in the morning.

Comment

sounds good... heheh
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X