Temperature Format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Format

I'm having troule with the temperature format.

The real temperature is 19.87 Celsius degrees, but I see 1987,0C.

In Spain, we use the comma for separating decimals, so I should have seen 19,87 (I prefer it without th 0C symbol).
    Is there any way to format it with my regional settings or with the one I like?
    Also, it would be a good thing just to see only 1 decimal.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Balki
    I'm having troule with the temperature format.
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\inigo.saez\My Documents\My Pictures\Temp\Temp.jpg[/IMG]

The real temperature is 19.87 Celsius degrees, but I see 1987,0C.

In Spain, we use the comma for separating decimals, so I should have seen 19,87 (I prefer it without th 0C symbol).
    Is there any way to format it with my regional settings or with the one I like?
    Also, it would be a good thing just to see only 1 decimal.

Thanks.
    Which sensor are you using ? Temperature Kit or MBM ? I've just today added support for the kit info to be read with the comma format, honestly because I never had thought of it.. if you're using MBM, I may have to add some extra support for it.. if you're using a sensor kit (circuit), RE-download the version 2-20 and it should work..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I'm using the Temperature Kit.
      Let me try the new RR version (02-20) and I tell you...

Comment

Guino have fiexd the problem.
        Read
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...0&postcount=34

Mauri

Comment

I guess, he'd be telling us if if didn't work..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Sorry for the delay answering you.

I have tried the new RR version, but I still have the same problem with the temperature:

I don't see anything in the .ini file about the regional settings. Maybe this is the problem?

Comment

I have also tried to write "disableinternat=true" (just in case)... but it does the same wrong thing.

By the way... If the temperature is very cold, below 0, does it prints a negative symbol before the number? (In that case, there is not space enough for showing the whole number, isn't it?)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Balki
                I have also tried to write "disableinternat=true" (just in case)... but it does the same wrong thing.

By the way... If the temperature is very cold, below 0, does it prints a negative symbol before the number? (In that case, there is not space enough for showing the whole number, isn't it?)

Thanks
                I have a very simple code in RR to detect use of comma as decimal point. I have tried it and it works. The Temperature is then, supposed to show with 1 decimal digit which should then fit in the screen -- even with negative numbers.

Are you sure you've got the latest version 2-20 ? because if you're downloading the installshield, that is NOT the last version. Check your file modified date/time.. You should have downloaded the binary package and just unzipped the RR.EXE file over the one you currently have. If it works for Mauri, then it should work for you too (as it also works for me).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

A little OT:
                  Is the rr.exe (and the config) the only thing you need to replace when upgradeing?
                  Will the old .ini file update itself with new settings when the new config prog. is run?
                  1984 BMW 323i (E30)
                  [==========] 90%
                  EPIA MII10000
                  256MB RAM
                  40GB 2,5" HD
                  Lilliput 7" TS
                  Hacked Travla C134
                  Haicom CF GPS

Comment

Originally posted by code-
                    A little OT:
                    Is the rr.exe (and the config) the only thing you need to replace when upgradeing?
                    Will the old .ini file update itself with new settings when the new config prog. is run?
                    YES!!! I've been trying to say this for so long.. hehehehe
                    The only othe file you may want to update is MPC.INI but I hardly ever change it.. Once you update the 2 EXEs and run the new config, your INI file will be loaded and the new settings added to it when saved..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Ok, Sorry Guys.. I actually added the correction code only when the temperature was being converted from F to C or from C to F.. please download this one to fix it up..

http://rmc.pimpedwheels.com/RoadRunnerBinary.zip
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                        Ok, Sorry Guys.. I actually added the correction code only when the temperature was being converted from F to C or from C to F.. please download this one to fix it up..

http://rmc.pimpedwheels.com/RoadRunnerBinary.zip
                        OK, perfect, fixed the temp. problem!
                        Work ok to RR.
                        Thanks Guino.

Mauri

Comment

YES!!! IT now Works!!!
                          Thank you Guino.

Comment

Now I am having brainfart for how to get this temperature display on RR. I didn't find any info for MBM5. I have MBM5 running and download a little proggy from Guino site but can't figure out how to piece them all together.

On my Asus Mobo, there is an Asus Probe program that can also read the temp from the mobo and voltage as well. If I can get this temperature reading thing to RR that would be awsome. But that is something I will dig around after I get RR to work with MBM5.
                            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

sure, what you need to do is:
                              -Run that "little proggy" from my site (that shows the sensors from MBM5)
                              -Write down the sensor numbers you wish to use in your skin(s)
                              -Go into your skin folder, and open up say the "menu.skin" file
                              -Where you see "TEMP1" and "TEMP2" change that to say "MBM1" or "MBM2" (or "MBM<SENSORNUMBER>", i.e. "MBM49") that will make RR display that sensor number information in that label of the skin. You can (optionally) give the display format for the data in the last quotes of the same line.. like in: "MBM1", "0.0" (would cause RR to read the sensor 1 from MBM and display it with 1 decimal point precision).

That's all.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X