Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny bug- I embedded Internet explorer to music player!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny bug- I embedded Internet explorer to music player!

Right this is what happened (on home laptop)

Had RR in background doing it thing- playing music with Milkdrop and thought to myself why not check for milkdrop updates

so opened up IE--> google---> entered "winamp milkdrop" and pressed search

Guess what?All by itself it kinda embedded (alt+ printscreen shows as same program!) the page (same window title maybe?)

Tried changing the web page but then visualisation appears again- clicked cross on visualisation and IE re-appeared and now can play at will

Funny and perhaps usefull?

(incase anyone wonders- songs are from UK band Keane Hopes and Fears album)

It's not really a bug it's cause thw IE window has the same name that it embeds

it happens in mediacar 2

I use to use it to surf the net and play games but having just 1 button for a program to embed is useless.

It's why i changed to neo media centre as i can add any amount of programs

I have seperate buttons for diff emulators like snes nes etc webbrowser and a few other tiny apps embedded.

I'm sure RR will have the feature in the future
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

RR has the option to load any application you want, from any screen, at any time, enbbeded or not.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

So i can add buttons to the main screen to embed a certain program depending what button i pushed?
        CarPC Status:

Comment

sure thing.. just look at the skin commands.txt file.. it has examples and stuff...
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hmm........

RR or NMC

I'll have to look into RR as i thought you only had cloned the Mediacar Design and haven't added any extra's in yet.

Very fast work :P
            CarPC Status:

Comment

well, there's a lot of extras... but not everything from MediaCar is in RR yet, that is, Radio and Mappoint..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                well, there's a lot of extras... but not everything from MediaCar is in RR yet, that is, Radio and Mappoint..
                Who uses mappoint anymore lol

I think i'll stick NMC for my default frontend and use RR on the composite screen in the back (dual screen setup )

I do have 1 question do you use winamp to play the audio files?

Also im guessing you use media player for the video player?

Why i ask is I need to be able to output to a different soundcard in the back.

With winamp i can change the audio output to soundcard 2 but with video I can't as i havent found anyway for video to be played through winamp while embedded etc.

Thats the only problem i have

I'm asking this as im at work and I can't search for the answer just give quick replys now and then before my other co-worker comes back to her desk
                CarPC Status:

Comment

Wianmp=Yes (because it allows for plugins etc)
                  Windows Media Player=No (it sucks)
                  You should be able to select which card to output MP3 sound to in winamp preferences. For Video, you must not usethe built in player and change MPC's settings of sound output (it even supports SPDIF output). But once you make those changes, you must copy the settings from your mplayerc.ini into MPC.INI (RR's folder).

Originally posted by NiN^_^NiN
                  Who uses mappoint anymore lol

I think i'll stick NMC for my default frontend and use RR on the composite screen in the back (dual screen setup )

I do have 1 question do you use winamp to play the audio files?

Also im guessing you use media player for the video player?

Why i ask is I need to be able to output to a different soundcard in the back.

With winamp i can change the audio output to soundcard 2 but with video I can't as i havent found anyway for video to be played through winamp while embedded etc.

Thats the only problem i have

I'm asking this as im at work and I can't search for the answer just give quick replys now and then before my other co-worker comes back to her desk
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                  X