Selecting playlists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selecting playlists

I have directories with several playlists in each, is it possible to make RR play all playlists in a directory when you select the directory ? Now it is only loading the first playlist.

yes!

Say your playlists are in 'C:\Music\Playlists', Simple do this: go onto the C:\Music folder and highlight the 'Playlists' Item (in which you store your playlists).

Instead of hitting Select (Play) or Select+ (big + sign), use "+1" it will add all contents of that folder into the current playlist (you'll see the selection scroll down after it's added all your songs). Then just "exit the browser screen back into the audio player. You can also clear the playlist before adding the items (if you don't want the current songs to be there anymore) -- just use the clear playlist button.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

This is not working for me...

If i first clear playlist, then highlight the directory where the playlists are located, then press + (SELECT+) the result is a blank playlist...

If i clear playlist, then highlight the directory where the playlists are located, then press +1, the result is a blank playlist...

If i clear playlist, then highlight the directory where the playlists are located, then press play, the result is the first playlist in the directory loaded...

The only way i can load everything in all playlists is to clear playlist,browse into the directory, press +1 on each playlist, then the result is that all playlists are loaded...

See this debug on what i did:
      2005-02-26 22:18:39: Executing: LIST
      2005-02-26 22:18:41: Executing: CLEARLIST
      2005-02-26 22:18:44: Executing: ADD1
      2005-02-26 22:18:45: Shell: "C:\Program\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD "c:\MP3Lists\Test"
      2005-02-26 22:18:53: Executing: EXIT
      2005-02-26 22:19:06: Executing: LIST
      2005-02-26 22:19:08: Executing: SELECT+
      2005-02-26 22:19:10: Shell: "C:\Program\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD "c:\MP3Lists\Test"
      2005-02-26 22:19:12: Executing: EXIT
      2005-02-26 22:19:13: Executing: AUDIO
      2005-02-26 22:19:15: Executing: LIST
      2005-02-26 22:19:18: Executing: SELECT
      2005-02-26 22:19:20: Shell: "C:\Program\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD "c:\MP3Lists\Test\1st.m3u"
      2005-02-26 22:19:22: Executing: EXIT

Tried with older versions of RR.exe, same result, tried with Winamp 5.02 and 2.91 same result, same on all 4 of my computers...

The way I would prefer it to be is that when you press SELECT, SELECT+ or ADD1 it would load everything that is in that directory, regardless of if it is MP3 or M3U files...

Any ideas?

EDIT:
      Found another strange thing with playlists. Had in my Playlists folder a file called New.m3u and a folder called New with some playlists in it. When i had Show extensions checked in setup, and played the New.m3u file, it loaded ok, byt when i unchecked Show extension and selected to play New.m3u, it went into the New folder and loaded the fist playlist there instead...

Strange...

Comment

There seems to be a bug there then.. I'll look at it..

On the playlist/folder name issue, RR tries into the folder first, then adds the playlist.. I'll try to add a prevention against that too..

EDIT: This really is just a matter of winamp NOT loading playlist from directories.. so what I did is the following: if you hit "select+" (Big plus on brushmetal skin) on a playlist, RR will add not only the selected playlist but all the other playlists of the folder. You should clear the playlist manually (if you want to) and this should also work if you hit select+ on a folder that only contains playlists.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X