Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does RR treat titles/mp3 info? / Options for playing within player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How does RR treat titles/mp3 info? / Options for playing within player

    Hi Guino,

    I didnt want to stick this up and jack one of your running threads so here it goes...

    Many of my MP3s are coming up with " " (blank) titles, basically my mp3 list is empty, if I click the "empty' is highlighted, but i see no title...

    Is it possible to maybe use the filename if the title, track, everthing is blank?

    Also, what can I put in the rrconfig to show at least the number of the song in the playlist? (That way at least I know where there are songs and where is the end of the PL)...

    Finally, is it or will it ever be possible to have a playlist that keeps hierarchical structure of directory? Basically I have most of my MP3s well catalogged by directory (like CDs\ CDs\Some Artist\, etc) so I would like to maybe be able to browse my directories, is there any way of doing that straight from the player, without having to go and add files to the PL, etc? This is more intuitive for people who have never used the system, they can just go into the directory and press play and it will play down that directory... Maybe this is just something I have to live with becuase I started out with NMC frontend, and it was very intuitive the way of browsing from within the platyer (I actually suggested this feature of browsing from inside the player was added! heehhe thats why I like it so much!)


    phew, this became long, hope u can understand!
    Roy

    2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

  • #2
    Originally posted by RoyN
    Hi Guino,
    I didnt want to stick this up and jack one of your running threads so here it goes...
    Many of my MP3s are coming up with " " (blank) titles, basically my mp3 list is empty, if I click the "empty' is highlighted, but i see no title...
    Is it possible to maybe use the filename if the title, track, everthing is blank?
    When using Tags this is what RR does: Loads the ID3v1/2 according to your options, then grabs all info available, then loads the next ID3v2/1 and pulls off any "missing" info of the first tag from it. That's how it makes up the tag info. Now, if no tag V1 or V2 is found, then it defaults to the file name formatting. If you are getting spaces is because you simply have bad tags. There's no way for me to know if the tag format you chose (custom format) is empty or if it has the correct info. This is only because people add stuff like / or , or () into the format of the ID3 info.

    This is a very sensitive part of the code, that is, any slight changes here/there can make the loading of songs fairly slow, so I can not start adding a bunch of code to load tags then check every bit of info and if it's not everything perfect I get from the file name.. I can definitely try to think of a solution for the empty spaces, but I can't garantee I'll do it because it might just slow everything down.

    Originally posted by RoyN
    Also, what can I put in the rrconfig to show at least the number of the song in the playlist? (That way at least I know where there are songs and where is the end of the PL)...
    Not sure I understand this... what you mean the number of the song in the playlist ? did you mean the number of songS ? If so, even I have no clue of how to directly obtain that.. the only way of doing it is loading the winamp.m3u file that winamp keeps control. Also, the last song used in the playlist can be viewed in the 2nd line of the resume.ini file if you wanted that for some reason.

    Originally posted by RoyN
    Finally, is it or will it ever be possible to have a playlist that keeps hierarchical structure of directory? Basically I have most of my MP3s well catalogged by directory (like CDs\ CDs\Some Artist\, etc) so I would like to maybe be able to browse my directories, is there any way of doing that straight from the player, without having to go and add files to the PL, etc? This is more intuitive for people who have never used the system, they can just go into the directory and press play and it will play down that directory... Maybe this is just something I have to live with becuase I started out with NMC frontend, and it was very intuitive the way of browsing from within the platyer (I actually suggested this feature of browsing from inside the player was added! heehhe thats why I like it so much!)
    I have thought of both adding support to "browse" m3u files in RR and also about saving playlists.. I will most definitely implement the browse m3u files soon... the Save playlist feature will come in when I implement an OSK.

    I hope you understand this project is only 2 months old! So it can't possibly have everything in it already... things are getting done, but there's the right time to do everything..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

    "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

    Comment


    • #3
      guino most of my files are oggs, so they have their own tag info. i dont really care if you can read that tag or not because the way they come up in the player (as the filename) works just fine, but i wondered if there was any way to remove the .ogg extension
      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nic
        guino most of my files are oggs, so they have their own tag info. i dont really care if you can read that tag or not because the way they come up in the player (as the filename) works just fine, but i wondered if there was any way to remove the .ogg extension
        Sure thing, just run RRConfig and UNcheck the "Show: ... extensions".. that's it.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

        "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

        Comment


        • #5
          OK... I'm gonna try to fix up my ID3s...

          About the number I wanted a way so the playlist would look like:"

          1. (spacessss)
          2. (spacessss)

          instead of:

          (spacessss)
          (spacessss)

          update: %tracknumber% should do it.... doh!
          Roy

          2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoyN
            OK... I'm gonna try to fix up my ID3s...

            About the number I wanted a way so the playlist would look like:"

            1. (spacessss)
            2. (spacessss)

            instead of:

            (spacessss)
            (spacessss)

            update: %tracknumber% should do it.... doh!
            That can do it or if you don't have good track number in your ID3 tags, you can simply click on the "numbered playlist" option on the music section of RR.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

            "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by guino
              Sure thing, just run RRConfig and UNcheck the "Show: ... extensions".. that's it.
              i cant believe i didnt see that earlier, thanks heaps. and while you are here is there any chance that the ability to add bass/treble up/down buttons to the main player screen, and seperating the shuffle/repeat buttons could be implemented
              Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nic
                i cant believe i didnt see that earlier, thanks heaps. and while you are here is there any chance that the ability to add bass/treble up/down buttons to the main player screen, and seperating the shuffle/repeat buttons could be implemented
                You can add a bass/trebble slider anywhere, on any screen. You can also add a shuffle/repeat (or a separate button for each) also anywhere in any screen. what I do not have as of now are buttons like vol+ and vol- to control bass and trebble, but it would be fairly easy to add.
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

                "Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

                Comment


                • #9
                  cool, now all i have to do is make my own skin buttons for bass/treble up/down would be sweet!
                  Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X