Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girder control

hello,
    just wondering if its possible to control rr, using the tab key? so it cycles through the buttons.

I have a touchscreen, and visibility is very poor in a bright day, so i am going to remove the touchscreen, and would like to be able to control rr using girder with the minimal number of buttons. up down left right select.

thanks
    mik.

Originally posted by mick-uk
    hello,
    just wondering if its possible to control rr, using the tab key? so it cycles through the buttons.

I have a touchscreen, and visibility is very poor in a bright day, so i am going to remove the touchscreen, and would like to be able to control rr using girder with the minimal number of buttons. up down left right select.

thanks
    mik.
    unless you have enough keys for all different functions that will be kind of hard.. on the remote control you can set numbers from 1-6 go go to each screen (audio, video, etc).. then you'd need keys for Up/down/pgup/pgdown, Browser, Exit folder, browse folder, play pause etc. right now there's no built in keyboard support to simply go selecting button to button (tab style like windows) ... This will be added at some point.. there are just more important things to add right now..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Hey guino, I'm in the same boat as I don't have a touchscreen.

Does RR support scrolling through the various options on the menu screen with the directional arrows on my remote?

Since the items on the menu light up when you mouse over them, I assumed that you could do this, but I don't have my carpc installed yet, so I can't test it on my remtoe yet.

I would really appreciate if this could be supported because I have a stock screen in my car and I can't do a touchscreen!

THANKS a ton!
      Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

The support for remote control is fairly simple, each key performs an assigned command. The command does not even need to be in the skin files (believe it or not). But the limitation is one (or more commands) per a single remote button. What I did for instance was assign keys 1-6 to go to Audio, Video, DVD, Radio, Apps and GPS respectively. You can then call any of those screen from anywhere with the push of ONE button. then I assigned arrow keys for Up/Down, Browse/Go Back and assigned the normal playback control keys: Play/Stop/Next/Prev... this works a lot better than having to press the same button many times to get to the option you want, but it also requires more keys available. I still intend to add basic keyboard support at some point.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

sweet thanks! the 8 way directional arrows on the ati 2 match the look of the buttons on the bottom left of the music screen perfectly.

That makes sense. Should work fine since i have two dpads, I can program the other depad with the arrow keys when you get them implamented and use the number keys liek u said for now (well when i get my carpc running)

THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by contaygious
            sweet thanks! the 8 way directional arrows on the ati 2 match the look of the buttons on the bottom left of the music screen perfectly.

That makes sense. Should work fine since i have two dpads, I can program the other depad with the arrow keys when you get them implamented and use the number keys liek u said for now (well when i get my carpc running)

THANKS
            Any use ?

Terran
            Attached Files
            My Project Site

Comment

Thanks! is it different than RRX10.GML?

Comment

Originally posted by contaygious
                Thanks! is it different than RRX10.GML?
                Its set up for a MediaRemote..... which are also X10...

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

How is possible to link the GML file into RR?
                  Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

girder I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by wizawuza
                      girder I believe.
                      Trying my best not to be sarkey... whats the title of this thread ?

Yes Girder... do a search for it and you'll find some info

Terran
                      My Project Site

Comment

ok im going crazy here can someone help me out.

I have ati remote wonder 2.

girder installed

ati remote software installed.

I installed the girder plugin into the ati remote thing so that it sends all button presses to girder.

IN GIRDER:

I have this autoloaded: C:\Program Files\girder\plugins\RRMediaRemote.GML

But nothing works in rr.

The bottom right thing is green by the way. Whenever i try to learn something i hit learn and hit buttons and nothing happens so i have to hit cancel learn.

Also it said when i installed the girder plugin for ati remote software that I have to select "ati" from the learn pulldown menu, but it only has "all" and "girder" in the pulldown next to "learn." I have girder full version 3.37 can someone help me out!?

I have it set to flash the taskbar icon when I do commands and it never flashes. When I try to choose generic x10 in the plugins in girder it gives me an error saying "the plugin cannot run in this version of girder please download the original girder" WTF?

THANKS!

Comment

Not sure if this matters, but I read on the girder site that the ati 2 is NOT an x10 remote... what should I do ? THANKS!

Comment

You know what scratch that, it's not worth it, i don't like the ati2's mousepad thingy anyway, too hard to tell which direction i'm hitting.

I'm sending it back and getting the firefly instead-looks like a perfect fit for rr's setup.

Comment

Working...
                            X