Recommended radio / tv usb ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended radio / tv usb ?

any idea whats a good combo usb thingy thats compatable with RR ? Thinking its time to start playing again

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Any WDM compatible Camera/TV tuner should work (most newer devices). For Radio, I'm adding support for D-Link and Radiator, so any radio card that works with radiator should work.

EDIT: I have an ATI All in wonder plugged into Line in and the DLink plugged into the Mic.. both work great..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino, which ATI All-In-Wonder are you using for FM with Radiator? Is it a 9600 or above? If so, I'm in luck!
      Kevin
      Audi A4 Carputer, 80% setup.

Comment

The ATI is only for TV.. There are no ATI's with radio that I am aware of....I like the ATI for the reason that when you turn it off in the PC, it cuts out the Audio output -- which would allow for using it in THE SAME audio input with a Radio device that does the same (i.e DLink Radio). You can most definitely use any other Radiator supported card -- Now, if it will work using the same audio input, that depends on your FM Tuner.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Well, according to the ATI page, my manual, and looking at the device, it has FM

ATI All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro and XT
          Kevin

Comment

Well, if that's the case, if it supports the FM WDM interface you may want to try it in Radiator with this External DLL driver: 8x8wdmfm.dll (It's made for other cards, but it basically just controls radio using the WDM interface (no port access).
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I'll test it out.
              Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                any idea whats a good combo usb thingy thats compatable with RR ? Thinking its time to start playing again

CdR
                I just bought the Hauppaug WinTV-GO-FM which is a TV/FM receiver combination. It is PCI not USB, but in my configuration I should be OK... It uses the 878 chipset which Radiator seems to unilaterally support. I'll be trying it tonight or tomorrow, so I'll post successes... I have been asking about this for the last week, but it seems your thread is getting noticed better than mine did.

Heres hoping

Comment

I finally got my AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus today -- it's a PCMCIA tv/radio card. TV and radio can both be controlled through the Winamp tv plugin. Somehow I am not yet getting any sound when using the plugin, though. Any idea what could be wrong, Guino? It may well be my inexperience with the winamp plugin settings and/or DirectAudio. The card itself performs great with the bundled software and makes a cool gadget for Epia MII owners with a free PCMCIA slot.
                  CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
                  Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
                  Software: RR, MM/FD

Comment

Originally posted by mox
                    I finally got my AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus today -- it's a PCMCIA tv/radio card. TV and radio can both be controlled through the Winamp tv plugin. Somehow I am not yet getting any sound when using the plugin, though. Any idea what could be wrong, Guino? It may well be my inexperience with the winamp plugin settings and/or DirectAudio. The card itself performs great with the bundled software and makes a cool gadget for Epia MII owners with a free PCMCIA slot.
                    I'd just double check your windows mixer settings -- that is, the audio input line you use.. There's a whole audio tab in the plugin where you should be able to set this up.. You should probably just try this stuff on winamp and make suer it works there before trying it in RR. I'd also set the TV input line (in RRConfig) to Disable while testing.. then if it works you can re-enable it (if needed).
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                      I'd just double check your windows mixer settings -- that is, the audio input line you use..
                      I have tried just about any audio setting I could find, but the silence remains. Are you sure the tv plugin is DirectAudio compatible? I mean, the tvcard does *not* have an analog line out that hooks up to the soundcard's line in with one of those tiny loopback cables. Audio is transferred internally over the bus instead.

By the way, I haven't installed RR just yet -- I'm trying to get Winamp working first
                      Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677

Comment

Originally posted by mox
                        I have tried just about any audio setting I could find, but the silence remains. Are you sure the tv plugin is DirectAudio compatible? I mean, the tvcard does *not* have an analog line out that hooks up to the soundcard's line in with one of those tiny loopback cables. Audio is transferred internally over the bus instead.
                        By the way, I haven't installed RR just yet -- I'm trying to get Winamp working first
                        Ohhh... well.. I don't think you'll find a way to get this TV audio over without the cable.. your TV software (from the manufacturer) probably talks directly to the TV card to do that.. do you know of ANY other software (asides from the manufacturer's) that can play the TV audio of your card without a line in cable ?
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          Ohhh... well.. I don't think you'll find a way to get this TV audio over without the cable.. your TV software (from the manufacturer) probably talks directly to the TV card to do that.. do you know of ANY other software (asides from the manufacturer's) that can play the TV audio of your card without a line in cable ?
                          Ummm... No
                          I think I will shoot the author an email and see if he can confirm that this card is not fully supported (yet). Thanks for your prompt replies so far!

Comment

Originally posted by mox
                            I think I will shoot the author an email and see if he can confirm that this card is not fully supported (yet).
                            I just got Branimir Lambov's reply. The soon to be released updated version of his tv plugin will support DirectAudio!

Comment

Working...
                            X