Requirements to run RR properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements to run RR properly

I haven't for some odd reason been able to find any thread that details what exactly is needed to run RR properly. I tried to install it..and found that it utilizes winamp to play the MP3s? Is that the only method? I am currently using Frodoplayer and sort of like the way in which it sees all the MP3 files without having to build a play list. Also I would like to launch Routis through it...and had some issues...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

O
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

- Download and install winamp if you don't have it on your PC.
    - From the download page, download the installshield version and install it.
    - done!
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

installashield doesn't work...just tried

Comment

when you say it doesnt work, what message does it come up with ?
        Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Nothing at all comes up...can't find the page...

Comment

Originally posted by oekundar
            Nothing at all comes up...can't find the page...
            Are you using Win2000 or WinXP, the recommended OS for RR & MM ?

Wizz
            Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
            Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
            Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

cant find the page, you mean you cant download it?
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

RoyN,

THat would be correct. I am running XP and the link for the actual download is what is/was down. Give it a gander and let me know.

Comment

What do you mean let you know??? Go try it out again, and if not e-mail the person of the installshield version (the maintainer)... I have no ties with the maintainers, if thats what u thought!
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Yeah, the link is down right now... I think bryan may be working on it..

All you need is:
                    -The Binary Package at my site
                    -A full skin
                    -Winamp (because winamp is the player that supports most file types)
                    -Media Player Classic (if you intend to play DVDs or use Subtitles)

The first two are available at my site... There's a liink for downloading media player classic in my links page.

Once you have the above, you just need to run RRConfig, set your preferences and you're done.
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Guino,

Thanks for the input Bro...

RoyN, I was merely trying to emphasize that the link was not active, obviously Guino sees it as well...if you would have checked you would have as well.

Thanks,

Comment

Oekundr?

What are you saying? I asked if you couldnt download or if you had a problem running the installation to be able to help you if the problem was running installer... Why should I have "checked for you", and "let you know"? I am not really your nanny, am I? I was just trying to help you, I dont see why you tell me to go do stuff for you and when I explain that I dont maintain the software you tell me that "if I had checked I would have known"... Well, for your info RR is running perfectly for me! I wont however, help you anymore because of your atitude. Good luck, and I'm sure others will help you just as well or better than I could
                        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                          Oekundr?

What are you saying? I asked if you couldnt download or if you had a problem running the installation to be able to help you if the problem was running installer... Why should I have "checked for you", and "let you know"? I am not really your nanny, am I? I was just trying to help you, I dont see why you tell me to go do stuff for you and when I explain that I dont maintain the software you tell me that "if I had checked I would have known"... Well, for your info RR is running perfectly for me! I wont however, help you anymore because of your atitude. Good luck, and I'm sure others will help you just as well or better than I could
                          Whether you choose to help me or not is entirely up to you. I made a statement that the link was down and I was unable to download the software as indicated. You in turn posted

Originally posted by RoyN
                          cant find the page, you mean you cant download it?
                          I merely asked that you check it to see if it was working for you. I don't need a nanny and didn't ask for one. If you are taking any of my comments personally then you spend way too much time on the internet. Its not that deep. Guino actually was the only one that posted the answers to my questions.

Comment

you said
                            installashield doesn't work...just tried
                            which threw me off... I was trying to help you out okay? chill out and go do things on your own you smartaxx!

You didnt actually try the installshield, you couldnt even download it! If the installshield is downloaded and corrupt you can get an "empty installer" which one could interpret as no page....

I didnt understand you were asking me to see if it worked for me... I dont know what "gander" is... Sorry I dont understand your meaning with that, maybe thats what threw it off... To me it sounded like you wanted me to keep trying it and let you know when it was up (like if I maintained the site), to which I said I had no affiliation...

anyways, your messages were unclear from the start and thats what caused this... I'm not taking anything personally, but your attitude "if you would have tried it you would know" is unappreciated when I was merely offering to assist you...
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

RoyN,

Point well taken.

Thanks for your assistance and input.

Comment

Working...
                              X