No announcement yet.

On-line for download my hardware for RR (Serial Voltmeter) implemented by Guino

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-line for download my hardware for RR (Serial Voltmeter) implemented by Guino

Ok guys,
    I have put in download my serial voltmeter, full packet.
    Read the README file.

Its work perfect with RR , tested in my carPC.

See the original post
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...t=43596&page=1

Link for download :

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/tecno-maur..._Voltmeter.zip

To view the schematic see the attachment

Good work

Mauri
    Attached Files

So, if I understand this correctly, when the computer is off this device will power the GPS through the 5V of the floppy connector (which is probably linked to the 5V usb). Is that right? If not, is the device connected to the GPS some other way?
    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

This seems nice allright, the link says "Forbidden" though.

I would like to have the Battery Voltimiter, just don't know if I'm up to gathering all the electronics to put it together. About the GPS, I don't think I'd mess with it because my GPS aquires a lock typically in 5-10 seconds (regardless of how long it's been off).
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

yea i dont undestand why you need the gps in the equation?
        1990 Jeep Cherokee
        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

His circuit CAN (doesn't mean it has to) power the GPS every hour or so for 3 minutes so as to not loose the "lock" of current location and be "warm" or "ready" when you actually get to turn on and use your carputer.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

oh so this isint a real volt meter? like monitor my cars voltage in RR when im driving?
            1990 Jeep Cherokee
            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

it is that too! haha it's TWO projects in ONE circuit. One part is to measure your battery's volts the other part is to keep the GPS "warm".
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

err, is their a simple voltage meter easy to build that will work with rr? since i have no idea how to read that above...
                1990 Jeep Cherokee
                2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

well.. I've only built support for this one, BUT he's supposed to have a parts list, board building instructions etc with the link above... If you find something cheap/simple to assemble let me know and I can definetely work on a support for it.
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
                    err, is their a simple voltage meter easy to build that will work with rr? since i have no idea how to read that above...
                    Here is a picture of the above schematic, it's a lot easier on the eyes...This doesn't look nearly as bad now does it?
                    Attached Files
                    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                    512mb DDR333
                    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
                      Here is a picture of the above schematic, it's a lot easier on the eyes...This doesn't look nearly as bad now does it?
                      Not at all you want to make me one haha. how much that cost to make?
                      1990 Jeep Cherokee
                      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

It should be just a few bucks to make it yourself, now I'm not sure if Mauri or anybody would be interested in making it for selling (for a reasonable price of course).
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                          His circuit CAN (doesn't mean it has to) power the GPS every hour or so for 3 minutes so as to not loose the "lock" of current location and be "warm" or "ready" when you actually get to turn on and use your carputer.
                          The second function,( after the primary to Serial Voltmeter) that related to the discourse GPS, and as has written Guino.
                          When the PC and power on. the +5V that arrive from connector Floppy (it is all right however also the +5V of a taking USB) power the GPS, and they disarm the timer, automatically.
                          When the PC and off, automatically he activates the timer, that turns on the GPS (with the line directed by the Car battery, stabilized by the regulator 7805 to +5V) every 57 minutes, for the time of 3 minutes, in continue loop.
                          Power the PC, in automatic it extinguishesthe timer and all leaves again...
                          The function and that of a CAN circuit, and to the throwing of the GPS and so always warm...
                          EDIT: the circuit seems simple (however and so) because aPIC microprocessor is used with relative firmware to its inside...burning with appropriate programmer ( hardware and sw )adapt to PIC device.

I have done him for free personal use, to produce sell and to make it home made would cost too much... however I desire that Anybody to make for to Sell ,not and my native idea that, the everything and been born for us boys of the forum and for the one that wants to make a CarPC as us

Mauri

Comment

Originally posted by mauri
                            Whenever I go to the link above, I get the following error:

Forbidden
                            You don't have permission to access /tecno-mauri/Mauri_Voltmeter.zip on this server.

Mauri - can you check the link and fix it?

Comment

Tested, my link to me work correctly...

Copy and paste the url,and "go"...

EDIT:if you have the firewall to XP SP2, it possible this stopped the link.
                              Close the firewall or authorizes the vision of the link.

You make to know if all ok so.

Mauri

Comment

Working...
                              X