• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 03-07-05.. Few Improvements..

A few improvements from the radio version:

-Added radio "LOCAL" skin command
    -Added "SAVELIST" skin command
    -Added "MINUS1" skin command
    -Added Dlink Automatic Driver Switch (Crash prevention)
    -Added special handlings for skins with a Folder List and a Playlist on a same screen
    -Added Map Sonic GPS wave Line Fix

I have included the DLink drivers (OLD&NEW) on the binary and source packages. RR will automatically switch them accordingly when you search presets. This is something that can only be done in 2000/XP machines, but I believe 9X/ME machines do not have the problem with the old driver.

PLEASE NOTE:
    The NEW DLink driver does not support seeking or the stereo indicator -- but it really doesn't crash on 2000/XP. If you wish to keep using your old driver, simply delete or rename the DLink sub-folder in RR. If you're running on 2000/XP, RR will still try to reset the DLink card as before using it to prevent crashes (as often). If you don't wish RR to reset your DLink card and wants to speed up the radio loading, you can simply delete/rename the devcon.exe file in RR's folder.

Man I need to start making some FAQs...
    Let me know,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

guino
    so you found new driver somewhere?
    sorry for late...
    i had driver on my carpc...
    i just got it downloaded today...

well i think you've got it...
    it is same size as one i've got...

Comment

O. K. I like it so far, but there's one more improvement I'd like to see. Can you implement the ability for me to listen to videos on any page. Right now as soon as I switch away from the video the radio or MP3 player comes back on. Sometimes I'd like to listen to the videos even when I navigate using GPS. And if I had video controls and info available while doing so (like you did for the radio), that would be all the better.

DVD playback, too.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Particularly usefule when listening to music videos, and checking gps stuff...

EDIT: maybe putting an extra button ont the video screen, like in GPS (X - to quit video, and <- to keep it running and goto menu)
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Now that radio is done I have a few requests.

* Can we save audio playlist as m3u file
          * Remove 1 from playlist

is it possible to intergrate winamp library? as it already easily allows you to create/ view edit playlist and search all my mp3s in like 2 secounds.
          www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Remove 1 is already on Guino's "duly noted" list (per the Requests.txt file)
            89 Supra Turbo

Comment

Updated the Installation for 3-7-05.
              2000 Yukon Denali
              Shuttle SN65G2
              Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
              1GB PC800 Mem
              Radeon9200 PRO
              Seagate 120GB
              ATI Remote
              RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
              7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
              USB 2.0 Hub
              Rikaline GPS-6010
              PN11 802.11b Wireless
              XP Pro
              750W Inverter

Comment

@vortex and @Drait

The Changes above mentioned ARE for what you want.. you CAN already do those things, you just need a skin that supports it. RR will save playlists you make in your music folder unless you set a "playlistpath=<PATH>" in your RR.INI (still needs to be added to RRConfig).
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

SAVELIST and MINUS1... you da man Guino!

BTW, you've got PM.
                  89 Supra Turbo

Comment

Thank you Guino for all that work you do with RR.
                    One stupid questin how do I use the Map Sonic GPS wave Line Fix?
                    I try to use the new updates but it seems to be the same problem as before for me. I must be stupid os something. I'm sure I've checked everything, but
                    I must have missed something.
                    Via Epia M1000
                    512MB RAM
                    120MB IBM Hard drive
                    Netgear MA111
                    Lilliput 8" Touchscreen

http://www.clarre.com/carcomputer.htm

Comment

Guino, this was talked about previously, but I wanted to throw it in just so you can think about it, or maybe it is just skin configuration...

Is it possible to have the << and >> (fast rewind and fast forward) in the VIDEO module work also as a Track Back and Track Forward like in the Audio module? It would be an idea ta have One Click=Next/Previous Click&Hold = ff/fr.

Also, is it possible for ff and fr to be scalable depending on video size? like 1% of video cause when looking at music clips the Fast forward in video is too much, but for long movies it would be fine...
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Clarre
                        I try to use the new updates but it seems to be the same problem as before for me. I must be stupid os something. I'm sure I've checked everything, but
                        I think there is something wrong here, I use MapSonic sometimes and the window name for the PC app is "ViaMichelin MapStore 2.32" , the exe file is named mapstore.exe. MapSonic is the PDA version of the program... There are older versions out there also so the window name is different on older versions...

Comment

Yes I see mine is in D:\Program Files\ViaMichelin\MapSonic\MapStore.exe
                          So long it's right? But what is wrong? It's annoying, because I cant have the hide toolbar in RR. Otherwise I only have sound in 1 speaker.
                          Via Epia M1000
                          512MB RAM
                          120MB IBM Hard drive
                          Netgear MA111
                          Lilliput 8" Touchscreen

http://www.clarre.com/carcomputer.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Clarre
                            Well, there's only one requirement for it to work: the GPS Window Name or the windowsearch string (Launch screen) must be exactly: "Map Sonic" (no quotes and no extra spaces) then RR will reset the wave line output every second. There's a requirement also that you must have a "wave line" on your soundcard.

EDIT: if the above Window title is not enough to find MapSonic, I'll need somebody with the software to run WinspectorSpy and tell me the class name and the possible Window Titles so I can "identify" it...
                            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                              Guino, this was talked about previously, but I wanted to throw it in just so you can think about it, or maybe it is just skin configuration...

Is it possible to have the << and >> (fast rewind and fast forward) in the VIDEO module work also as a Track Back and Track Forward like in the Audio module? It would be an idea ta have One Click=Next/Previous Click&Hold = ff/fr.

Also, is it possible for ff and fr to be scalable depending on video size? like 1% of video cause when looking at music clips the Fast forward in video is too much, but for long movies it would be fine...
                              I have thought of that.. things are the way they are right now to maintain MediaCar skins compatible, but I am adding new commands to allow for what you want above... I'll also improve the video stepping according to video size..
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X