Winamp video rather than MPC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp video rather than MPC?

Is there any reason why Road Runner doesn't use the winamp video window - and instead loads MPC? If switching between music and video surely it'd be quicker to use the already open instance of winamp?

Just a thought!

Ash

there's a INTERNAL player as well. Which is actually faster than winamp. The reasons NOT to use winamp are:
    1-Can't get rid of that damn border (winamp subclasses and draws them, so a skin'd be needed).
    2-Can't make winamp reshape the video window (not without keeping aspect ratio)
    3-Can't find a plugin that can do the above either. I've tried a few, but all sucked.

Other than the above, I'd gladly use winamp.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

sorry to bring this thread back... but is there anyway to checge which sound card on my pc the internal player uses? or when i try and use winamp... the video wont even play, i wouldnt even mind the borders
      Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

Comment

Originally posted by djXternal
        sorry to bring this thread back... but is there anyway to checge which sound card on my pc the internal player uses? or when i try and use winamp... the video wont even play, i wouldnt even mind the borders
        Sure there is:
        Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices->Audio Tab then select the default audio device from the Tab. Winamp can NOT be used for video for the reasons stated above.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X