RR 03-09-05 .. Multiple Browse ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 03-09-05 .. Multiple Browse ..

Ok -- people have been asking for this far too long... so now there is a way you can have as many video/audio folders as you wish, anywhere in ANY drive/pen drive, external drive etc.. changes are listed:

* Added BROWSE.RRL file support
    * Added "go home" browse feature
    * Fixed DVD issue from version 03-08
    * Fixed some Video Confinement issues
    * Improved embbeding to "cut" single line borders

Here's how I put this together and at the same time made the Audio CD player work too (for both audio tracks and mp3 CDs):

-The "go home" feature is done by pressing and holding the "BROWSE" button (the one that simple presses lets you view the selected folder).

-This BROWSE.RRL file is a simple text file you create and place in ANY of your folders accessible in RR. The format for this file is basically:

<FULL DRIVE+PATH>;<DISPLAY TITLE>

For instance, If I made the following BROWSE.RRL file and placed it at my D:\Music\ folder:

E:\;>CD<
    F:\;>PEN DRIVE<
    C:\Windows\;Windows Folder

I used the "<" and ">" characters to simply "call attention".
    When I browse that location on my hard drive, RR will display those "options" on the very top of the list. If I wish to borwse any of those locations I simply have to click "browse" on any of them. Since you can't really switch drives with the "GO BACK" and "BROWSE" functions, you can return to your music/video home (set in RRConfig) by pressing and holding the browse button -- which in my case would again show the BROWSE.RRL file and the directory contents.

You can create as many BROWSE.RRL files as you want, and place as many items you want in them.

To play Audio CDs, you'll need to add the .CDA extension to your audio files setting in RRConfig (unless it is/was blank).

This is what I have worked on today...
    Let me know of any still pending issues, I'm not doing a good job on keeping track of bugs lately...
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Guino, I was wondering if this is a bug or not: when you are playing an mp3 and staying in the music screen, the next song that plays does not get highlighted in the list. So when you hit pause >play it starts to play the song that was originally selected. Thanks
    4G64 5 SPEED
    MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

Originally posted by goosey2099
      Guino, I was wondering if this is a bug or not: when you are playing an mp3 and staying in the music screen, the next song that plays does not get highlighted in the list. So when you hit pause >play it starts to play the song that was originally selected. Thanks
      No bug there my friend.. you just need to enable the "List follows song" option in RRConfig.

EDIT: This is actually called "highlight current playlist song on change" now.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

i was wonderings if you could add a shuffle in the video section. I've got a lot of music videos, and i'd like to be able to not have to play them in order.
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
          i was wonderings if you could add a shuffle in the video section. I've got a lot of music videos, and i'd like to be able to not have to play them in order.
          Can probably add something like that... find a few people to back you up if you want to get it quicker..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

i'm down with the video shuffle idea! But not if it gets in the way of phonecontrol
            Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

id like to see a video shuffle feature as well thanks guino
              '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

guino
                wow i thank you for nice job you are doing...
                i just noticed on radio

i use usb sound card
                and under radio config showing only sound source from onbord sound card.
                i don't see any usb sound source...
                i plug dlink into linein on usb sound card.
                thus no sound playing.
                and i think line-in plug for winamp would be better solution for radio support
                or do you use this already?
                i don't know just me but
                i use all 5 channels on sound card...
                if radio play through linein source only front speakers play...
                if use line-in plugin through wave all6 speakers play...

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                  Let me know of any still pending issues, I'm not doing a good job on keeping track of bugs lately...
                  Guino.
                  Sorry, but you did ask !
                  RR/MM last voice command issue. Any joy yet ?

Wizz

PS: I liked your smiling face too. Were you getting fed up of seeing yourself, cos' we certainly were not. Very reassuring to see you keep poping up
                  Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
                  Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
                  Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

Can probably add something like that... find a few people to back you up if you want to get it quicker..
                    I Would also like this if i could first load all my videos from subdirectories to playlist then shuffle them. Currently in road runner the playlist is the current folder.
                    www.vortexleather.com

Comment

I have also updated the Install.

Guino,
                      I made the changes that you asked for in the 3-8-05 Install, did you take a look and verify that they were what you wanted? I did exactly what you had asked in the Pm, so let me know if you have any other items you want changed.

Bryan
                      2000 Yukon Denali
                      Shuttle SN65G2
                      Cel-D 2.4 GHZ 533mhz FSB
                      1GB PC800 Mem
                      Radeon9200 PRO
                      Seagate 120GB
                      ATI Remote
                      RF Mini Kb w/Trk Ball
                      7" Lilliput Touch Screen Monitor
                      USB 2.0 Hub
                      Rikaline GPS-6010
                      PN11 802.11b Wireless
                      XP Pro
                      750W Inverter

Comment

Originally posted by iPal
                        and i think line-in plug for winamp would be better solution for radio support
                        or do you use this already?
                        I have not played with this and actually thought this was only a winamp plugin to listen to the line in and display winamp vis with it. I have never used it, and don't know anything about it, maybe you want to try it first. RR will not try and mess with any settings about it. If you need RR to do something for the linin plugin to work, let me know and I can have a look at it.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Audio File Browser sometimes gets displayed when trying to go into Video File Browser when using my Ati Wonder remote with girder.
                          www.vortexleather.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                            id like to see a video shuffle feature as well thanks guino
                            Same here.

P.S.: Thank you, thank you, thank you Guino for all of your hard work on this project!

I've been out of the CarPC scene for a while due to long work hours for the past several months, but just now getting back into finishing my vehicle's setup... and day-in/day-out the little glitches in MediaCar were bugging me...

I've known for a while that I would have to go to a new app since Coyote stopped development, then I stumbled across your software... your hard work is GREATLY appreciated.
                            2003 Toyota Camry V6
                            Kenwood Excelon 790 HU, VIA C7 + M2-ATX, Xenarc 700TSV, and 5 discreetly installed amps.

Comment

guino...
                              so how can i try it first?
                              mediacar used in_line.dll plugin for radio input...
                              yes it listens to the line in and play through winamp output (directsound, wave or etc...)
                              so mediacar does't have to unmute linein to play radio then unmute on the way out...
                              my problem (maybe someone else's with usb soundcard) is
                              i don't have control to mute or unmte linein in volume control.
                              instead it has monitoring record source function...
                              if i enable it i hear noise all the time and of course i get sound out of radio...
                              but noise is too annoying when playing other than radio especially when idle...
                              let me know if there is something i can try...
                              thanks sagin...

I have not played with this and actually thought this was only a winamp plugin to listen to the line in and display winamp vis with it. I have never used it, and don't know anything about it, maybe you want to try it first. RR will not try and mess with any settings about it. If you need RR to do something for the linin plugin to work, let me know and I can have a look at it.

Comment

Working...
                              X