Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 03-10-05 - Few things..

A few more things on RR:

-Added LazyTag option (for faster scrolling)
    -Fixed Shutdown resume "bug"
    -Fixed Various DVD player issues
    -Fixed "TAGxxxx" on playlist changes
    -Fixed BROWSE.RRL being added to playlist bug
    -Improved Tag Loading/Display Performance
    -Improved Tag info to use filename title (if no Title Tag)
    -Less Invasive Hibernate function

The lazytag option simply allows you to scroll faster through your "large" playlists -- for those who like to add all their thousands songs and start playing away. This basically allows you to scroll through without having to wait for the song TAG to be loaded (when using tags).

For those useing the OPUS to power off the PC (and not hibernate): good news for you, I've made it so that resume playing function should work when shutting down windows using the power button...

Also, the file name is now used in case Title tag is missing according to your options.

Other than that, fixed a few bugs... let me know if you have/find more..
    Thanks,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

nyce! Appreciate the opus stuff and the tag stuff especially!

Just what I wanted!

HEy, what's up with the highlighted song in my playlist?

oops sorry for the swear words :lol
    Attached Files
    Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Originally posted by contaygious
      nyce! Appreciate the opus stuff and the tag stuff especially!

Just what I wanted!

HEy, what's up with the highlighted song in my playlist?

oops sorry for the swear words :lol
      Does that happen if you have the lazytag OFF ? Seems like a problem parsing the file's tag or filename..

EDIT: Better question, what does it show when LazyTag is Off?
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
        A few more things on RR:

-Fixed "TAGxxxx" on playlist changes
        -Improved Tag Loading/Display Performance
        -Improved Tag info to use filename title (if no Title Tag)

Other than that, fixed a few bugs... let me know if you have/find more..
        Thanks,
        Guino.
        Thanks Guino, I think that finally solved all the tagxxx probs...

Something that I have noticed now that I'm trying my new carputer setup is that even though I have the hide mouse option checked it still shows up sometimes(but not until i touch the screen). I think that it has something to do with putting the system into/out'v standby, not hiber... Other than that it rocks even more...

Could the option to always scroll the title be made even if short... as I really like it...it adds something to it.....
        RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
        Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
        Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
        RRMedia
        RRExtended
        DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I'm planning to allow extra formatting of labels, in which case you could define the song title display different than the TRACKNAME (something like "TAGALBUM+TAGTRACK+TAGARTIST+TAGTITLE") which would typically show more info and therefore always scroll. This would be independent of the format used with the playlist dispplay...

The mousehide: yes windows messes with it on power on/off, standby and hibernate.. what I do in RR is reset the mouse hide state everytime you change screens in RR. So it could display the mouse (ocasionally) but then it will disappear as intended.
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

good idea for the title display! I'll look into the tag thing I posted above tomorrow. i'm tired!

Comment

I got the brushmetal upgrade and binaries, re-ran rrconfig set new options, and now when I am in audio player, and click on the playlist button, I get an empty playlist editor, and nothing I click on does anything... no highlights, nothing.... it seems to just freeze....
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
              Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Guino, with this latest version my MP3s without ID3 tags show up as blank lines, no matter what settings i choose, except "Don't use ID3 tags" or unchecking "Show ID3 Playlist". Tried changing just about everything, no matter what i change they are blank...

This was working fine in the previous version, i had this setting:

useid3=2
                showid3playlist=true
                showid3browse=true
                titlesafter=
                listfollowssong=true
                id3listformat=%artist% - %title%
                id3browseformat=%artist% - %title%
                listnumbers=true
                noformat=false

This resulted in the format Artist - Title, no matter if the file had ID3 tag or not, but not with the latest version...

Any suggestions ?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                  I got the brushmetal upgrade and binaries, re-ran rrconfig set new options, and now when I am in audio player, and click on the playlist button, I get an empty playlist editor, and nothing I click on does anything... no highlights, nothing.... it seems to just freeze....
                  I'd check your Music Path setting ? if it is correct, please tell me which skin you're using and show me a debug log.. I had to change a few things on this but only in V3-9 (so you should have had this before, unless you didn't try 3-9).
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Passe
                    Guino, with this latest version my MP3s without ID3 tags show up as blank lines, no matter what settings i choose, except "Don't use ID3 tags" or unchecking "Show ID3 Playlist". Tried changing just about everything, no matter what i change they are blank...

This was working fine in the previous version, i had this setting:

useid3=2
                    showid3playlist=true
                    showid3browse=true
                    titlesafter=
                    listfollowssong=true
                    id3listformat=%artist% - %title%
                    id3browseformat=%artist% - %title%
                    listnumbers=true
                    noformat=false

This resulted in the format Artist - Title, no matter if the file had ID3 tag or not, but not with the latest version...

Any suggestions ?
                    Sounds like a bug to me.. I don't like messing this part of the code because of that.. I had to mess with it to pull up the song title from the file name when tags were incomplete... now I have to test it over to see what's wrong..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

CPU is also going up to near 100% and I didnt try 3-9! I didnt have time! ur too quick! eheheh

I'll look into it! Thanks!
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Last time I had an audio browser "freeze" issue, I ran RRConfig and it was all better again. you may want to double check you have the latest Macromedia Flash installed (Using internet exploere) and maybe try a different Music Path (just to see). Are you trying to use the BROWSE.RRL feature by any chance ?
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

hi guino, quick question, how do i update my road runner with those bug fixes you made, do you always update the full installation file on your site so i can just download it or do i have to tweak on my current version, how do i do this? thanks
                          7" Lilliput
                          Opus 150
                          mini itx 1Ghz
                          1GB sdram
                          97 Prelude

Comment

Download the Binary from guino's site, then unzip it into the Road Runner directory and overwrite all the files
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                              Does that happen if you have the lazytag OFF ? Seems like a problem parsing the file's tag or filename..

EDIT: Better question, what does it show when LazyTag is Off?
                              Hey, the title in the tag is "R U Still Down- (Remeber Me)" and the rest of the tag is the same as the other songs in that list...

I can't seem to reproduce it, but when I leave my player on shuffle and it gets the the song on its own it seems to show the filepath. When browse for the song it seems to load the title fine...

the problem happened with on.
                              oh well

EDIT: aiya it just happened again with a totally different song weird! ACtually there are lots of songs in my playlist like that... weird! Probably a lazytag thing

Comment

Working...
                              X