Night skin AND Gamma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night skin AND Gamma

Hello guino, I'm a little confused. I remembr reading that you intended to make road runer so it would be able to have a night skin mode chande as well as a gamma change. This is exactly what i'm looking for, since I would like to have a different skin during night, as well as change th gamma settings. I see in the RR config there is a place to put the directory of you night skin. (WHich I did) NOw I press the night/day button aand I only get the gamma change, not the skin change as well, how exactly can I implement it so both the gamma and the skin change?
    thanks.
    My Projects:

Old project
    2000 A4
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=2000+audi
    New Project
    2006 Montero
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6-4x4-swb.html

There are different commands for skin change and for gamma change, so really the skin needs to have support for it (the BFM skin does for instance). You can most definitely make your current skin do both the gamma change and the skin change at the same button press.. for this, simply edit your menu.skin file and where you see "GAMMA" change it to "GAMMA||DAYNIGHTSKIN" -- You should do that both with your Day and Night Skin. This will make RR switch the gamma and then the skin. The only thing you should watch out for is that if you exit RR in the night skin (with lower gamma), RR will "remember" your last skin (night one) and restore it without the gamma (auto gamma not yet implemented). If this happens you can simply delete your resume.ini file and RR will load the day skin and gamma by default.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      "GAMMA||DAYNIGHTSKIN"
      Can I use sendmessages to send this command when I get a request to change gamma?
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
        Can I use sendmessages to send this command when I get a request to change gamma?
        Definitely.. the above is not really a command but a sequence of commands.. you can do that from the SDK too.. just send in all commands you want to execute separated by || (double pipe).. RR will execute them in the order they're written (left to right)...
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Definitely.. the above is not really a command but a sequence of commands.. you can do that from the SDK too.. just send in all commands you want to execute separated by || (double pipe).. RR will execute them in the order they're written (left to right)...
          Oh, so I can just send NIGHTSKIN when Gammacontrol determines its night? Tight
          GammaControl v2.4
          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

It's actually "DAYNIGHTSKIN" to switch between day/night skins. I intend to make separate commands later: "DAYSKIN" and "NIGHTSKIN" as well as "DAYGAMMA" and "NIGHTGAMMA" to elimitate the possibility of toggling things at the wrong time.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

It's actually "DAYNIGHTSKIN" to switch between day/night skins. I intend to make separate commands later: "DAYSKIN" and "NIGHTSKIN" as well as "DAYGAMMA" and "NIGHTGAMMA" to elimitate the possibility of toggling things at the wrong time.
              Sounds good. I'll just need the DAYSKIN and NIGHTSKIN
              GammaControl v2.4
              SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

0l33l Are you gonna modify your gammacontrol program, so it also changes the RR skin automatically to the night skin, and then back to the day skin, (like it does already for Map Monkey?) if so I'm very interested, let me know
                thanks
                My Projects:

Old project
                2000 A4
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=2000+audi
                New Project
                2006 Montero
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6-4x4-swb.html

Comment

Originally posted by cdevelasco
                  0l33l Are you gonna modify your gammacontrol program, so it also changes the RR skin automatically to the night skin, and then back to the day skin, (like it does already for Map Monkey?) if so I'm very interested, let me know
                  thanks
                  Exactly
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

hey Ol33l, i tried searching around but could not find if you had implemented the night/day skin auto switching for roadrunner using gammacontrol. did i miss it or are you still working on it?
                    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
                    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
                    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
                      hey Ol33l, i tried searching around but could not find if you had implemented the night/day skin auto switching for roadrunner using gammacontrol. did i miss it or are you still working on it?
                      I'm looking for some XML code so that I can get this whole thing implemented. When I get some code to rear/write/modify XML, then it'll be a matter of days before I get something like this done
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

XML bad. Like fire.

But seriously. Unless it makes something a lot easier (e.g. web services interop)it's a bad choice. All the currently available XML readers are very inefficient. They use a ridiculous amount of memory and cpu. Some of the better (but not freely available) XML readers can chop tens of seconds of app startup (depending on the complexity of the XML). Even for simple XML, the current unmanaged MS XML reading dlls are bloated and slow to page into memory. The managed ones are better but are often the majority of memory churn in managed apps.
                        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

I like XML because it is very organized. So no more confusing INI files with each setting in 20 different places.
                          Originally posted by Arathranar
                          XML bad. Like fire.

But seriously. Unless it makes something a lot easier (e.g. web services interop)it's a bad choice. All the currently available XML readers are very inefficient. They use a ridiculous amount of memory and cpu. Some of the better (but not freely available) XML readers can chop tens of seconds of app startup (depending on the complexity of the XML). Even for simple XML, the current managed MS XML reading dlls are bloated and slow to page into memory. The managed ones are better but are often the majority of memory churn in managed apps.
                          GammaControl v2.4
                          SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

That's personal preference. I think it's totally overkill for ini file use and makes things harder for the average person to understand. And if you have an ini file with a setting in 20 different places, you've got a really screwed up design. You can screw an XML schema just as badly - in fact a lot worse since it's more complicated.
                            Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
                            Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
                            Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Arathranar
                              That's personal preference. I think it's totally overkill for ini file use and makes things harder for the average person to understand. And if you have an ini file with a setting in 20 different places, you've got a really screwed up design. You can screw an XML schema just as badly - in fact a lot worse since it's more complicated.
                              Well, XML is more organized. Like the XML is gonna look like this:
                              <GammaControl>
                              <NightSkin>
                              <RedContrast></RedContrast>
                              <RedGamma></RedGamma>
                              <RedBrightness></RedBrightness>
                              <BlueContrast></BlueContrast>
                              <BlueGamma></BlueGamma>
                              <BlueBrightness></BlueBrightness>
                              <GreenContrast></GreenContrast>
                              <GreenGamma></GreenGamma>
                              <GreenBrightness></GreenBrightness>
                              </NightSkin>