To many mp3s to use road runner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To many mp3s to use road runner

My long term problem is that i have about 7000 mp3s, This is what i would wish for
    1. Able to type and search By either artist or title (like frodo)
    2. Be able to scroll by artist and then click on a artist and comes up with their music( like musicmatch)

Originally posted by rickyaswell
    My long term problem is that i have about 7000 mp3s, This is what i would wish for
    1. Able to type and search By either artist or title (like frodo)
    2. Be able to scroll by artist and then click on a artist and comes up with their music( like musicmatch)
    Only 7000? Christ, there's people who are toting around collection in the tens of thousands.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      Only 7000? Christ, there's people who are toting around collection in the tens of thousands.
      Only they can appreciate how long it takes to scroll down their list of mp3s

Comment

Only they can appreciate how long it takes to scroll down their list of mp3s
        yeah, ive got over 20,000 here... i definately know where your comin from
        '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

I think 7000 is needless- surely you cant love 100% all these tracks so why not be more selective and cut your collection down!

Comment

not if your a huge music fanatic and on top of that a DJ
            '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

but people like variety, I don't love 90% of the music I have, but I'd rather listen to something I dont love then listen to a song I love over and over again until I hate it. And how can I know I dont love the song if I havent heard it yet.....i'm sure I still havent even listened to 20% of my music.
              PC Components:
              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
              My work log

Comment

i LOVE Road Runner... im just waiting for the Search/OSK feature to come out! then ill be able to find songs in my 20,000+ collection of mp3s!

Comment

Don't worry, this is comming..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

dawg I got over 12k and 10k are hip hop!

That's what im using road runner, cuz Guino's got big plans!
                    Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

not rushing you by any means guino, but do you have an ETA for the Search/OSK feature? thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by guino
                        Don't worry, this is comming..
                        we need to be able to scroll quicker and it would help if you could vary the scroll speed depending on the size of your music collection.

To be able to scroll by either artist or by year or A to Z would help and then select a track but even then i will have to scroll for ever to get there.
                        I could put them in folder myself A to Z but thats a pain when i want to add tracks.

Comment

we need to be able to scroll quicker and it would help if you could vary the scroll speed depending on the size of your music collection.

To be able to scroll by either artist or by year or A to Z would help and then select a track but even then i will have to scroll for ever to get there.
                          I could put them in folder myself A to Z but thats a pain when i want to add tracks.
                          Native keyboard support will allow you to type in letters to scroll down the list as it matches (like explorer lets you do).

There will also be a "search" function to allow you to display files that match your pattern or to simply jump to where there's a match.

If you think the touchwheel doesn't scroll fast enough, then you should probably turn the lazytag option on or not use ID3s at all, you'll see how fast it really goes.. most of the time RR is simply trying to load your tags and that's why it scrolls slower...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                          X