RR 03-12-05 .. Keyboard Support ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 03-12-05 .. Keyboard Support ...

Ok, I've added keyboard support.. it's very flexible, BUT I will not post many details until I make the config tool (or a separate app) to configure the keyboard keys. Here're the changes:

- Added Full Native Keyboard Support
    - Improved AVS plugin to remove its borders
    - Fixed Current Song display in playlist bug
    - Fixed 60Hz Save/Load Preset bug
    - Fixed Girder use of Select/+/Browse/Back in launch screen
    - Fixed Issue with first folder list display

Keyboard support right now (without the configuration fiile), is limited to these functions:

-LEFT/RIGHT Arrow keys move around the objects (Buttons, Sliders, Playlist, Folder List).
    -UP/DOWN go to prev/next item in the list (when Playlist or folder list is selected), and increase/decrease slider values when a slider is selected.
    -ENTER Executes the button currently selected (or the item selected in playlist/folder list)
    -ESQ Exits the current screen (same as the "CANCEL" command)
    -PGUP/PGDDOWN scroll through the playlist/folder list (if any) even if not selected

It is possible to create keyboard shortcuts for ANY skin command, I will publish documentation and a config tool later... I also have to improve keyboard use when an application or VIS. is embbeded (those typically "hijack" the keyboard, so i have to see about it).

Although I have improved support for the AVS plugin, Istill don't really recommend it.. but if you're going to use it anyway, I suggest to use the "USE Full Screen overlay mode" option in the AVS plugin -- it is faster and causes less problems.

Other than that, let me know of any bugs you find.. I will still improve on keyboard support for a few things, so please don't complain about it just yet.

Thanks,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

hey guino... any word on OSK/Search? great job on the fast updates btw!
    '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

First things first...
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

is it next on your "to-do" list?
        '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

hey the border thing is alittle buggy. like the window moves, but the borders stay where they were before...not everytime, but sometimes. Is there anyway to make the vis window pop up where it's going to stay instead of popping up below and to the right and then popping up again in the window?
          Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Finally!! I can't wait more for this feature!! Many many many thanks Guino.
            One thing : I've tryed (without success) the function UP/DOWN go to prev/next; Tryed with various skin.....
            What's appening?
            Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

AVS plugin don't work correctly.
              In audio player if and open AVS, the volume control and stopped, every time that pushes him an any button in the skin, the AVD display doubles to the left aloft him for a pair of seconds of the screen, then returns ok.
              I have setting the Winamp\Options\Settings\AVS plugin for displayed in Full mode.
              Milkdrop work very slow, infact I use AVS( Epia V8000 MB, 512MB memory)

Mauri

Comment

In the new version embedded Milkdrop isn't working any more. I don't have changed anything. "Integrate in winamp" is off. Perhaps you can have a look on this?!

Winni

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fabio
                  Finally!! I can't wait more for this feature!! Many many many thanks Guino.
                  One thing : I've tryed (without success) the function UP/DOWN go to prev/next; Tryed with various skin.....
                  What's appening?
                  This is a little different than MC.. left/right will go to next/prev BUTTON or CONTROL (it does not do next/prev SONG). same as up/down will scroll up/down list or slider but that means the CURRENT ONE. I'll post later how to assign the exact command to a key (so if you want it to be like MC, you will be able to do it). I don't want to post how to do it without making a little helper tool..
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Winni
                    In the new version embedded Milkdrop isn't working any more. I don't have changed anything. "Integrate in winamp" is off. Perhaps you can have a look on this?!
                    Winni
                    I'll look at it... The AVS has always been buggy too, I'll have to see what I can do about it..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

My problem with the program freezing has slightly changed... I now get a list of files when I go to the playlist editors, but it freezes still (before the list was empty, now I see the first page of the entries)
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                        My problem with the program freezing has slightly changed... I now get a list of files when I go to the playlist editors, but it freezes still (before the list was empty, now I see the first page of the entries)
                        ok.. that's an improvement.. seems like the problem is with the detection/displaying of the album art..

can you try set the album art file (in RRConfig) to like NONE.NONE or something that doesn't exist to see if it still freezes ??

Let me know and I'll look it up..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Cool! tell me if you need anything from me...

PS: no album art in that directory, ok?
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

found something interesting about the video player screen... when i first play a video, the full video track name is displayed (ie. 2Pac - Changes) ... but when i go and play other video files, it will only display the "2Pac" with nothing after it.... it seems to kill anything past the "-" ... just wanted to bring this to your attention.

another interesting thing i noticed, there are times when i hit on a specific video file i wanna play in the browser, it ends up playing the file before it in the list (alphabetical). I tried this numerous times. The work around is too use the arrow button on the player to switch to the video i actually wanna see. After i do that, i can go to the browser and specify that file and it works like it should. It only happens on certain files (no relation to file extension either).

btw... is there a way to get rid of the "FULL" text that pops up everytime i watch a video? i dont need to see that everytime, only when i switch aspect ratios.. thanks again

Comment

Guino, exist the opportunity in the browser of songs, pressing a key on the keyboard, jump directly on the first record matching? (This was not possible in MC....)
                              Thanks
                              Fabio

RoadRunner - PC Navigator 7.1 - FreeFone

Comment

Working...
                              X