hibernation problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hibernation problem

Just installed RR on my car pc and I've got a problem with the hibernation...

When i go to hibernation no problem but when i resume pc hooks up and reboots...

tryed closing RR then hibernate ...I thought it worked, but as i started RR after resuming from hibernation pc hooked up again...

So RR does not work when carpc is running after resuming from hibernation... when i reboot it works fine...

any one else had this problem?
    Fiat Punto 176 Cabrio CarPC Projekt
    Status: finished (you never really finish... lots of new ideas)

what do you mean by the PC "hooks up" ? If you mean "hang" then I've never heard of that before, and I'd suggest trying the same with just winamp to see if it still "hangs".. that is, close all apps, run winamp, hibernate, resume and see if it's still ok.. then run RR, close winamp (after RR opens) and do the same and see if it hangs..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

it hangs... my tft tells me 'resolution out of range' and reboots... i don't thing it depends on winamp, because its the same winamp.exe i used with mediacar and there have not been any problems with mediacar and hibernation
      ... so winamp cant be the reason...

i'm sorry for my bad english!

...help...

Comment

unsure if this helps, but can confirm hibernation is working 100% on mine, also using dlink radio and having no prob's. I did a complete re-install before switching to RR, and the only problem I have it that I need to re-click the radio channel to enable it if thats what i was listerning to before hibernation. using a epia 10000 board

CdR
        Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Reading your last post - check your Video drivers

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
            unsure if this helps, but can confirm hibernation is working 100% on mine, also using dlink radio and having no prob's. I did a complete re-install before switching to RR, and the only problem I have it that I need to re-click the radio channel to enable it if thats what i was listerning to before hibernation. using a epia 10000 board
            CdR
            This is a known limitation of the new DLink driver.. although if You use the Hibernate function in RR, it will stop and restart the radio correctly..
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by btbe
              it hangs... my tft tells me 'resolution out of range' and reboots... i don't thing it depends on winamp, because its the same winamp.exe i used with mediacar and there have not been any problems with mediacar and hibernation
              ... so winamp cant be the reason...
              i'm sorry for my bad english!
              ...help...
              Yeah, I'd double check your drivers.. RR does absolutely nothing in regards to hibernation -- unless you use the hibernation option in it: in this case it turns off music, closes any devices it is using and when resuming it restores the previous states of those .. but even then, nothing is done to the video -- it doesn't even try to update its own screens.. I'd suggest trying the hibernate option from windows (while RR running) and try the hibernate function in RR to see if there's any difference.. if you have the same problem on both, try the hibernate with Mediacar and confirm that it still works there.. I ALWAYS used hibernate in my carputer... never had any issues whatsoever..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

with mediacar and windows it works...

when i go to hibernation without having RR startet, I resume and everything works fine..and as I start RR PC reboots immediatly

Graphicsdriver is the newest nvidia (Got a MSI GeForce4 MX440 in it) Using the D-Link USB too...!

Comment

ohh... you said the magic words.. DLINK USB... have you tried having it unppluged to see if it works.. do you use the Old Driver or the New Driver..? The Dlink driver is very *****y in 2000/XP machines.. specially the old driver, Also, have you tried simply runnign winamp after hibernation (The one you use with RR).. ? to see if it freezes ?
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Ok tryed the winamp thing,...
                    figured out now that the problem only appears when im using the skin I design right now... maybe its caused by an label or something else dunno tried some other skins and had no problems even some of my older skinning-tries so i linked my skin maybe you guino or some other skilled users may look over it maybe someone finds the problem...

thnx btbe

http://files.btbe-design.de/macstyle.zip

Comment

No one any idea????

Comment

I'll test your skin today, but it's odd that a skin would have such effect.. I'll let you know..
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Tested my skin on my home pc and had no problem... maybe there is a problem between my skin and one of my carputer hardware parts! maybe something a little bit dirty in the .skin files???

btw.. updated graphics drivers and unplugged my dlink usb radio...

hardware:
                          don't remind mainboard brand
                          800mhz duron
                          128mb 266mhz ddr-ram (infineon)
                          20gb hdd
                          geforce4 mx440(same as in my home pc with same driver)
                          Creative Soundblaster 512PCI
                          dvd-rom
                          usb-touchscreen
                          HI-202E (GPS-Mouse)

maybe that helps...

Comment

I have this problem 2 but only when MapMonkey is running and embedded. If I close map monkey before hibernating then starts up and carries on with Road Runner fine..

might be something to do with map monkey and the usb GPS (BU303) I am using?

Just a thought? Would like to get his solved and improves boot quite a bit
                            Chilli_P

Epia 800 > 3.5" 30GB HD > Teac Slim CD > BU-303 GPS > Safecom Bluetooth > WiFi > Xenarc 700TSV > Opus 150

Current Status:Installed - tweaking

Want Widcomm 4?

Comment

It is a known fact that using COM/Serial ports can sometimes cause issues with Hibernation -- this is why I close any Serial ports opened before hibernating then re-open them when resuming... I'm assuming you have a USB-Serial driver installed, that is something that creates a virtual COM port.. this could very well be the issue...
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X