• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status..

Here's what's missing to do with mappoint:

-Save Last map state and resume it
    -Save a Map route and Load/Import saved map route
    -Show Pos ON ROAD function (not sure if this can be actually done)
    -Fix my code for voice directions..
    -Add option to pause/mute/lower music while speaking directions

Here's the other stuff I want to release at the same time:

-SAPI5 support (Done)
    -Rename File
    -Delete File
    -SDK command to set label
    -Pause and Resume skin commands
    -Prevent Multiple RR instances from running
    -Improve flash commands to prevent them from repeating
    -Reload List after hibernate option
    -GPSINFO skin command
    -Support to reset ANY TV and RADIO tuner

I am still working on this but there's just a lot being done at once..
    Thanks for your support,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Yeah Guino,
    that's great! Take your time and RR becomes the very best frontend people will see
    One question: Has mappoint European maps. Didn't notice this program still yet.

Winni

Comment

Originally posted by Winni
      Yeah Guino,
      that's great! Take your time and RR becomes the very best frontend people will see

Winni
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...053324-0262229
      Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
      Status -->
      Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
      BraveCar 2.5

Comment

I've never used Mapoint so maybe someone can clue me in. Whats the big deal? Is it any better than D3?

Comment

Guino.. you have already done so much, so quickly and at the same time you are still able to answer our individual questions and post fixes. You have my patience and gratitude.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by chrishick
            I've never used Mapoint so maybe someone can clue me in. Whats the big deal? Is it any better than D3?

I've checked out D3 and I've checked out Co-Pilot and Mappoint. Copilot is a light year ahead of D3 at least for North America (imho) and I found Mappoint has MUCH better maps (for Canada) and more POI then Co-Pilot. Co-Pilot POI is about 10mil and Mappoint is 15Mil.

D3 has no business stating Canada support because from what I've seen it has terrible coverage and Co-pilot states Canada maps as well and although it is much better then D3 it still is missing alot. Mappoint from what I have seen has had all the small rural locations and cities I'm interested in.

This of course is all my opinion but you asked.

Chuck

Comment

Guino,

I'm not sure how you do it and remain sane; or are you

Looks like you are making some great progress. Take your time and we'll still be here to test and comment when your ready.

Chuck

Comment

Catch up

Hi Guino,

You take your time it wil let the rest of us take a breath and catch up.
                I was getting worried about you, more than two days without an update!!!!!!

cheers.
                PAul

Comment

Yeah Guino,
                  Thats an understatement. I first started in MediaCar in my initial setup, and when Guino started up RR, I was very skeptical at the time and still was as Centrafuse, Frodo and MMC is being built up, but I must say, RR has a great project map and is catching if not passing by with avengence. Great dedication there Guino to the community and wish you do keep up the great work.
                  Mark

Car'Puter Project
                  - Xenarc 700TSV
                  - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
                  - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
                  - M2-ATX
                  - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
                  - Garmin 15H GPS
                  - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Woohoo, getting closer day by day! Not to flame anyone but words of encouragment is great but please show your support like only a few of us have. Throw the man some cash for his hard efforts, no obligation Guino would say but come on guys, this man has stayed up hours and hours. I'm sure losing sleep for us. You don't have to give alot. Just imagine if all of us who have downloaded, 5000+, give him just $1 dollar. Wow what an incentive to continue! Sorry for the soapbox, I just want this to die like MediaCar!
                    Car: 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE
                    Car PC: AMD XP 2500+, 1gig DDR, MSI KM4M mobo, GeForce 5200 128mb, Western Digital 250gig HDD, DVD, 802.11g, Rikaline USB Mouse GPS, WinXP SP1
                    Screens: Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen and Lilliput 7" RCA LCDs

Comment

Originally posted by dougmorgan99
                      I just want this to die like MediaCar!
                      I think we know what you mean (insert "don't" in between just want!)

Comment

hey guino going to check out all the new stuff right now

yes peeps please do donate money. Every little bit helps I'm sure
                        Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Thanks for the support guys...

The Mappoint is almost finished along with many of the features above listed.. Still working on it... There are two features I do not believe I'll be able to complete with mappoint:

1-Show Pos On Road -- As Far as I can tell, Mappoint does not give enough information to be able to locate the closest road path from a specific location, so I don't believe mediacar's pos on road works (although the option is there).

2-Spoken voice alerts for route guidance -- I have worked on this for 2 days without any success.. the problem is that Mappoint's directions don't include the turn point locations, but instead, a "segment location" that basically is a somewhat random location in the middle of the route segment used for zooming (when not using GPS). I went as far as trying to triangulate the turnpoints from those middle points, but as I said, they are somewhat random locations centralized against the screen instead of the segment route. I was really looking forward for this feature, but it just isn't reliable.. the most I could make is to count the travelled distance and compare with the direction distances -- but any off route driving would basically screw up the whole thing..

I did manage to add Nearby locations search, Autozoom and single point route calculation (starting from GPS location) for ease of use... but if I had the turnpoint locations I'd definitely could do a lot more..
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Oops good one chuckster! Yup I DONT want this to die like MediaCar! Hope I didn't put some sort of jinx or voodoo hex on the code. Anyway Guino, I think the voice option would of been cool, but I knew Mappoint is not setup that way. It is a professional mapping software not a point to point navigation program. I've hear people trying to get voice proms working for a while in Mappoint with no success, I figured if anyone could do it at all, it would be you. But don't feel bad I think what you have done is awesome! Thanks!
                            Car: 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE
                            Car PC: AMD XP 2500+, 1gig DDR, MSI KM4M mobo, GeForce 5200 128mb, Western Digital 250gig HDD, DVD, 802.11g, Rikaline USB Mouse GPS, WinXP SP1
                            Screens: Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen and Lilliput 7" RCA LCDs

Comment

Don't give up home yet Guino, there is a product navstar from mobilegpsonline that claims to be able to do voice nav with mappoint http://www.mobilegpsonline.com/pro_navstar.php

Comment

Working...
                              X