Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input/Output Card suggestion.

Hi Guino,

There are quite a few input/output cards on the market already and a few people here that are developing hardware for use with your excellent front end. I know trying to cater for everyone is going to be almost impossible.

You will need options for Serial parallel and USB as well as the number of digital inputs/outputs, analog inputs/outputs.

How about using an option in your config similar to the GPS and gamma options where you can choose a radio button for a USB, Serial or Parallel.

My own preference is the Velleman P8055 USB kit. Velleman kits are available worldwide. These retail at about 30ukp (56usd). At the moment in the uk CPC have a sale and mine was only 20ukp (37usd). This has a number of features which would keep most RR users happy.

2 - Analog Inputs
    5 - Digital Inputs
    8 - Digital Outputs
    2 - PWM Outputs
    2 - Analog Outputs

http://www.velleman-kit.com/

If that’s not enough upto 4 cards can be connected together.
    As it’s a development card all inputs and outputs have screw terminals, digital inputs have test switches, analog inputs have variable voltage and all outputs have LED’s making it ideal for software development.

The card is accessed via a supplied DLL and has simple calls, for example,

Setup
    Opendevice(cardaddress) - remember I said upto 4 cards.
    Closedevice(cardaddress)

Digital
    WriteAllData(data) – to set all 8 bits to the value of ‘data’
    SetDigitalChannel(channel) – turn just one output on
    ClearDigitalChannel(channel) – turn just one output off
    SetAllDigital
    ClearAllDigital

Analog
    OutputAnalogChannel(channel,data)
    OutputAllAnalogChannel(data,data)
    ReadAnalogChannel(channel)
    ReadAllAnalog(data1,data2)

There are a few more but you get the picture.

Skins would easy follow. I have ideas for this but this message is far too long already.

If you are interested in adding this to your long list of features I don’t mind buying one for you and sending it as a way of thanks for your hard work so far.

Paul
    Oh and by the way, fantastic work over so little time.
    Attached Files

p8055-1

hello i have bougth 1 velleman kit it great but i am not very familliar at programing could you give me some example !!!

thanks

Comment

hello i have bougth 1 velleman kit it great but i am not very familliar at programing could you give me some example !!!
      the small cd that came with the card has some examples in vb and a pdf with all the commands for the dll if you dont have the cd anymore pm me or if you like i can send you a very basic vb.net app to give you an idea good luck. and it would be awsome to see a support app for this board built into RR
      EDIT: and i just noticed how old that first post is wow ok well then
      -jeff

Comment

There are WAY TOO MANY input/output boards in the market.. there's support for Phidget boards in RR.. but If I'm to add anything else, it would most likely be a "plugin" ... needless to say that I'm not planning to work on anything without the hardware to develop and test it.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

i saw the apps in the cd and try to figure out things but it a bit complicate some of my command work in some sub rotine but not in other if you made a simple one yes i like to have it to understand more !
          And gino you should try this one it cheap and nice

Comment

Originally posted by guino
            There are WAY TOO MANY input/output boards in the market.. there's support for Phidget boards in RR.. but If I'm to add anything else, it would most likely be a "plugin" ... needless to say that I'm not planning to work on anything without the hardware to develop and test it.
            oh no i understand you have your hands full what you have made is amazing good work i was just hoping you might be making a plugin as the guy from post 1 had offered to send you a board is all but thats cool ill work on one and keep anyone interested up to date on the progress however as i find it hard to find time as im sure everyone does it may be a while off
            thanx
            -jeff

Comment

Originally posted by cobra66
              i saw the apps in the cd and try to figure out things but it a bit complicate some of my command work in some sub rotine but not in other if you made a simple one yes i like to have it to understand more !
              And gino you should try this one it cheap and nice
              got pm will send you a simple app and give you any help i can on my way out now but ill send you 1 as soon as i get back
              -jeff

Comment

I like the velleman very mutch , it is an open source print that is easy to work with

Comment

Working...
                X