Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hide Mouse After Hibernation still buggy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide Mouse After Hibernation still buggy...

Hi!
    I've noticed that sometimes the mouse pop up again after hibernation... And even changing from one screen to another doesn't work anymore!
    Furthermore, I noticed that if I start an embedded application (like notepad) the mouse disappear and doesn't reappear even if I change the screen.

Maybe there is something in the embedding process that can hide correctly the mouse?

Tnx in advance!
    Garo

Author Of:
    CarPC Installation on my Seat Toledo

Every application has control of the mouse over itself.. I can only hide the mouse over RR!. Said that, I do try to attach the mouse control for applications when emmbeding them.. it works for some and doesn't for many... once you select Hide Mouse, RR will try to hide the mouse when possible, otherwise, it will not mess with it.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ok, but I don't understand why if I run -for example - notepad, the mouse cursor disappear both in the application started and RR... It should be altready hide in RR, and the new app should not interfere...

Furthermore, when you implemented mouse hide on screen change it worked fine, but in those last versions it stopped working Obviously it may be my fault, but can this be a new bug?.. (sorry for bothering you again on this topic, Guino )
      Garo

Author Of:

Comment

I'll check it out...
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by garo
          Furthermore, when you implemented mouse hide on screen change it worked fine,
          This feature NEVER worked for me, My mouse ALWAYS showed up aftr hibernation and NEVER hid itself between screen changes. Do you by any chance ave a Via board Garo? i do, anyways.. ive learned to live with the problem... but wold love it if one day it magically fixed itself.
          My Projects:

Old project
          2000 A4
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ight=2000+audi
          New Project
          2006 Montero
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6-4x4-swb.html

Comment

As regards me it sometimes hide correctly and sometimes pop up

However, I'll think a solution about it. We can simply use a fake cursor with no image. However this is not a good solution... Otherwise I may try to write a small program that every - for example - 10 seconds, check if the cursor is shown and in that case hides it.

I think that that mouse that sometimes pops up is horrible
            Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Any updates on this...??
              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
              RRMedia
              RRExtended
              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

It's on my to-do list to move the mouse off screen after every click (when using hidemouse) -- this should improve a bit on this, but really other than that there's nothing else I can do..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I tried to create a program to hide it forcedly, but seems to be really hard to manage the mouse outside of the application you're programming!..

So I end up using a fake, trasparent, cursor Pretty rough solution but it works

If someone wants the fake cursor, I attach it at the message.
                  Attached Files
                  Garo

Author Of:

Comment

Thanks guys...something is better than nothing till Guino adds that moving the mouse off the screen thing...
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Working...