So here are the changes..

-Added support to show aligned/scrolling formatted labels
    -Added support to designate buttons for playlist/folder list
    -Added SDK code to display controls on Video/DVD/Mappoint
    -Improved Mappoint's directions against duplicate road names
    -Fixed Close External Application bug
    -Fixed Bug adding files on root folders
    -Prepared a BETA Base skinnable plugin

In case you wonder, combined label codes can now be separately formatted. So this kind of stuff is possible for labels: "MBM01||= / ||MBM02", "c2f|| ||0 V" this also allows for aligning combined labels: "=||MBM01", "center||c2f"

The Basae Plugin is BETA. I intend to add support for pulling RR's indicators from SDK and add it to the code. If you feel the base plugin should have something you don't see, please let me know..

Other than that, just a few fixes..
    Thanks for your great support,
    Guino.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Ok, NOW it is ok... If you're seeing this message for the first time, and have downloaded 4-8, please redownload (before you start seeing weird behaviour in the audio browser).
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Grabbing now, thanks.

Comment

I downloaded around when you fixed it - my first attempt was corrupt since I got a 64k file so I suspect I was just trying to download as you uploaded a fix. What would be the symptoms if I got a broken version? I just put my PC back in the car so I'll be checking it's ok in the morning before I head off to work.
        Progress: 80% - Permanent install left.
        Motion LS800 Tablet PC and dock.
        Vista, Bu-535 GPS, RoadRunner, MPT2006.

Comment

If you got it when it had the bug, It may prevent you from borowsing files at all.. that is, it will show you the folder list but won't let you go in them..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Just looked at the base skinnable plugin stuff, good work Guino, just got to try to get my head around it all now, once I have expect loads of plugins for RR.

To setup my own 'Skin' commands do these go through Exec? with the code as a case statement under there???

Sorry to sound thick ... just double checking before I mess everything up this end!

Comment

Yeah... everything you execute with skin buttons is channeled through EXEC (also in RR).. any commands you define there will be executed.. if the command is not in the list, the last case (else) will try and send it to RR so it may (perhaps) be executed there.. I still need to work a nice way for loading the plugins in RR..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

thanks man I'll check it out tomorrow! is this what you were telling me about? sorry it's late and i don't quite understand...
                Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Can I add text fields using the Base App??

Comment

here it goes... another newbie question ..... what exactly does the base plugin let us do guino?
                    '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Also, i dont know if you caught this already since im using version 3-30, but sometimes when i go to to video browser and video player and then after i finish, i jump back to audio browser/player, the video list goes in my audio playlist, and i lose my mp3 playlist alltogether. i end up having to go back to the audio browser and i have to clear out the video list in there and add mp3 files/folders again. Seen this b4? thanks!
                      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

How do we change the background/font/position on the text in the top bar in Mappoint window (where the lon/lat/speed info is) ? Or is this not possible to do?

Can not find this in the skin files, is it hardcoded?

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
                          Can I add text fields using the Base App??
                          Yes, but you're better of doing it on your own... RR only supports 1 text field per screen right now.. and it is because of OSK support. I don't like the idea of using Text boxes in skinnable Apps so didn't want to promote it... anyway, you can add any object you want.. place them directly in the form and make them visible at showform after you've resized them accordingly in that firstload IF statement. this should show your controls after they've been resized (looks better). You can most definetely create them using skin files, but it is a lot more work as you'll have to make a function to create the objects dynamically and resize them accordingly...
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

It was only because I wanted to create myself e-mail/todo app which I could embed within RR but skinned to match RR as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chita79
                              Also, i dont know if you caught this already since im using version 3-30, but sometimes when i go to to video browser and video player and then after i finish, i jump back to audio browser/player, the video list goes in my audio playlist, and i lose my mp3 playlist alltogether. i end up having to go back to the audio browser and i have to clear out the video list in there and add mp3 files/folders again. Seen this b4? thanks!
                              I'll look at it.. never heard it before..

The base plugin is for PROGRAMMERS that want to make a plugin that runs in/with RR -- without having to mess with RR's main code. This means that those plugins would be optional but would seem like part of RR.
                              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Working...
                              X