Embedding idea.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embedding idea.

I dont know how to implement it, not done a search or anything as yet, but would it be possible to add switchs to freedrive that RR would use to embed it.. hmm maybe not the right term. ok.. because freedrive on startup on its own is fine, as it aims at starting up one size then stays at that size, would it be possible to use a switch, say when you go and start freedrive up say with a /s after it, it then doesnt do it first original size, this would decrease the load time by half. O.. maybe even a freedrive.exe /0:0:800:600 even the place and size you want it.. is this possible ? and would RR use it ? I would like to implement it even if RR wouldnt use it.. what command am I looking at in VB to do this sort of thing, detect switchs ?

cheers

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

There's a special variable in vb: Command$ that will give you any command line parameters given when executing freedrive.. this can be done using shortcut.. and could be done with RR. If you're intending to do that.. IMHO you'd be better off taking a window handle as a paremeter (by SDK or command line) and using the windows size to get the position to embbed Freedrive onto (using getwindowrect).. hopefully you'd be also able to set Freedrive's main window as a child of that window handle -- this prevents all sorts of embbeding issues like flashing windows, loss of keyboard handle etc.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      IMHO you'd be better off taking a window handle as a paremeter (by SDK or command line) and using the windows size to get the position to embbed Freedrive onto (using getwindowrect).. hopefully you'd be also able to set Freedrive's main window as a child of that window handle -- this prevents all sorts of embbeding issues like flashing windows, loss of keyboard handle etc.

ok.. I think I understand you with my limited coding

First I get the Handle of the window that wants to embed me.. Unsure on how I go about this?
      Then Get the size of this window, using GetWindowRect
      Then Make this window a parent of FD using SetParent
      Then Use SetWindow Pos to resize FD to the size of the window ?

this right ? Just really need to suss out how to get the handle of RR's embedding window

Might it be possible to send the windows handle at start up, like Freedrive.exe /s me.Hwnd ?

Ahh.. just looked at command$ kewl easy to do.. so it would be like freedrive.exe me.Hwnd no /s needed

CdR
      Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

This sounds about right... before anything, I'd suggest trying the setparent on your application because the last time I tried (from RR) it gave many errors with the D3 SDK.. so there might be something more to it.. but the idea of running freedrive embbeded like described above is really nice.
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X