RR with WIN98

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR with WIN98

PLEASE PLEASE ...... someone make thins happen.

For a lot of reasons i dont want xp in the car and win98 is the best option. so some one please make this happen.

It kind of works after putting a file in the system32 folder, but has a few glitch like the rr config does nothing.

Someone please make this work with 98.

Thanks

Mastero

You'll probably find this is mainly down to SAPI, disable all voice options and it will probably work - I may be completely wrong and Guino will probably put me right!

If it is only RRConfig not working then install on an XP Pro Desktop, run RRConfig then copy rr.ini to the CarPC

Comment

RR should work in Win98 without any issues.. You'll need to install SAPI4 (from my links page -- if you want voice, otherwise disable it in RRConfig) and you'll most likey need to install the VBSP5 runtimes (that don't come with 98)..

You should probably install RR manually: there's a whole FAQ on requirements and manual installation. I do not know if the installshield would work, but I'd not recommend it in such case anyway (if you're reversing to win98 to prevent space/performance issues, than you shouldn't use the installshield for the same reasons). Just make sure not to forget the requirements (winamp, VBSP5 and such).
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

The FAQ section is blank ...any idea?

Mastero

Comment

What do you mean blank ? I've just tried everyone of them..

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...21&postcount=1
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

It will have been when the forums were struggling and posts were disappearing.

Comment

ohh.. when I have issues with the forum they simply stop working, that is, never seen posts disappear but many times the site is just "offline" for me..
              Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

things dont work with Win98

a) Video

b) Logo not showing

Help please

Mastero

Comment

The logo will be that you are missing flash.ocx I think, download from Guinos site, copy to c:\windows\system32 then at a DOS Prompt type:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\flash.ocx

Video will be related to mplayer .... check you have mplayerc.exe and the correct paths in rr.ini

Comment

Originally posted by Mastero
                    things dont work with Win98
                    a) Video
                    b) Logo not showing
                    Help please
                    Mastero
                    Look at the FAQ for flash spinning too fast and slow performance, download the flash update file and run it in your win98 machine. This should fix your "logo" issue (which really is not a problem but an install issue).

For Video you should simply make sure you have DivX installed, along with any other codec you want to play video with. Even if you're going to use Media Player Classic, you still need to have things installed correctly.. I mean, did you try playing videos in Media Player Classic OUTSIDE of RR ? If it plays Outside RR is should play in RR, otherwise you just have to figure out whats wrong with your win98 (asides from windows98 itself).

There's no reason why this shoudn't work if you install it right..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Tried everything .. the video just dont seem to work .. says rr runtime error asked to close program. All runtime installed all divx installed ...

I guess i shall stick to media car for now .... tilll someone make this a win98 compatable.

Thanks all

Mastero

Comment

Well, I know it works because I have tested it.. so here's what you need to answer to find out the problem:

-Did you install the Visual Basic Runtimes SP5 (as the FAQ says)?
                        -Are you using the built in player or Media Player Classic (Check in RRConfig)
                        -If you're using the built in player, have you tried using Media Player Classic?
                        -If you're using Media Player Classic, do you have the Media Player Classic for Win9x/Me (the one from RR's installshield will NOT work), if so and it doesn't work, did you try the built in player ? (One of the two is bound to work).

This is a link for downloading Media Player Classic for Win9X/Me.. if it plays movies outside RR it should also play inside RR. (This only works without the Built in Video Option Checked in RRConfig). I do suggest trying the Built in Video first.
                        http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/s...pc98me6484.zip

This is a link for the VB SP5 Runtimes..
                        http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
                        Hope that helps...
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Ok here is what happens

a) downloaded MPC works fine outside of rr

b) rr has no control over MPC

c) Inbuilt video does nothing blank screen but shows file name in yellow

d) When using MPC file name not shown but plays the last file name when using inbuilt video mode.

e) MPC opens a small window plays the video in that window rr cant control MPC, MPC stays on forever till i shut it.

Well ? any idea..?

Mastero

Comment

It worked .... ! and my boot to music on time is LESS than 10 sec... With Win 98 Micro from 98lite...

Works great got audio and video till now and that was my main concern

Cheers

Mastero

Comment

Reviving an old thread.

I have RR running well on my XP machine. Building a setup for my dad's Jeep on a little Sony vaio with win98.

RRconfig loads into memory but not on screen.

Help! Sapi4, and 5 installed. VBR6sp5 installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X