Voice Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Tags

Hi Guino, just wondering if there is a way of changing tne voice tags on the main menu. let's say i click the music button it says MUSIC, when i click on gps it says Map Monkey. Is there a way of changing them?
    Thanks
    Manny

From the Skin commands.txt:

"SAY" - This dynamic command lets you tell RR to solely "speak" any text given as paremeter. This command
    speaks the words EVEN when the music/video is playing -- in which case voice over volume applies.
    Examples: "SAY;Hello!", "SAY;Welcome to Road Runner!"

You could use this with the Exec.tbl to create what you like, there is another way but I can't remember the syntax

Comment

Just look at ExecTBL.INI it has instructions on doing that.. it's basically by adding stuff like below into it:

"AUDIO","LOAD;audio_player.skin;<MY AUDIO PLAYER TEXT>"
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I don't have any of those lines in my skin, but when i push Music it says MUSIC.
        Where are the default voices for the Main Menu?

Comment

This is what I said:
          Just look at ExecTBL.INI it has instructions on doing that.. it's basically by adding stuff like below into it:
          This is NOT in the skins -- it is a global setting.. you'll have to look at the skin commands.txt to understand how it works.. the text I mentioned needs to be ADDED to ExecTBL.INI for it to work.. you'll have to add similar ones for Video, Radio, Launch etc..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Grrr I knew it was something like that but couldn't find the exact syntax :-)

Comment

Working...
            X