Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balance slider

Hi guys

Everytime I start my pc up - the balance slider always is set to the left channel. Its not a massive problem getting into the settings to put it back into the centre where it should be.

If I rebooted again, then ill have the same problem again. If I was to shut RR down and start it again then its fine... so it only happens after a reboot.

Got the latest ver or RR too.

Thanks

Baz

I've had the exact same thing happen to me a few times. running XPSP2, winamp 2.91, and the latest and greatest RR, though I think I noticed it on a couple of earlier versions of RR as well.

Comment

There's no code in RR to mess with volume/slider settings when rebooting.. If you exit RR and come back and its fine, chances are it's not RR related. I do intend to change the reboot/shutdown procedure soon to prevent anymore issues...
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Its the balance slider.

not using SP2.

hhmm.. anyone else?

Baz

Comment

I had the same problem, only it did it every time I started RR, not just on reboot. I made a default mixer profile and set RR to load it every time it starts. Works like a charm.

Comment

how do i do this chris?

Baz

Comment

Originally posted by Baz
              how do i do this chris?

Baz
              You need a skin that supports saving preset mixer profiles. I have one called default.pst. Once you have that go into rrconfig and under Start Command to Execute type in "PRESET;DEFAULT" without the quotes.

Comment

Ahh cool. Will have a go at this me thinks!!

Actually i was a lil wrong. it does it even if you close RR down then open it up again straight away. gets pretty annoying

Baz

Comment

Can you post a debug log ? this has got to do with the sound card you have..

(to make a log, add: "debugmode=true" to your RR.INI, no quotes, then run RR, close it and post the debug.txt file)
                  Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
                  "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
                  X