Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR 4-20-05 .. XM Preview ..

This update is mainly for the XM users:

* Added Basic XM support (Soon to be improved)
    * Fixed issue with some buttons not drawing "off"

You'll need the attached XM.skin and xmlogo.swf files (attached) which uses the same skin as the audio player right now.. RR packages contain the XM channel art by Cletus323 used in RR.

You'll also need to add a button or remote control assign,ent to run the command "XM" to load the XM skin/control.

I am still going to add a Favorites list feature -- This is only a preview.

Let me know,
    Guino.
    Attached Files
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

nyce! an update

any info on hiding the mouse away from the buttons on screen, it kinda messes me up since i only use remote...thanks man just checking
    Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

guino.

couldn't resist and tried it this morning. I'm running at 800x600 so there were some issues there, but i like the interface, and its much faster than frodo.

HOWEVER

Definately did NOT survive hibernation. It was sounding great, and then after turning car off, and on, notta.

And i cant get it to start again, even restarting RR. gonna see if restarting pc works, i assume it will.

Awesome work though, im sure it'll come along nicely. One suggestion, i love how the title bar is updated with the show name, but can we have that scrooll through channel name, artist, song, etc?

Comment

Nice!!
        Good XM support was the reason I avoided RR in the past, now I am gonna switch to just RR!

I searched for "XM and RR" almost every day waiting for a good solution...

Is it going to show song names if you are running an embedded app? (say iguidance for example) and have an easy way to switch back and forth between gps and xm while xm keeps playing?
        This would be awsome!

Thanks!
        e46|700tsv 2005 model|sb51g xpc2.4ghz opus 150|I-bus|XM Direct&cables | slim slot USB DVD-cdrw|Hawking 54g|iGuidance 2.1-HoluxGPS
        sold it all... :-(

Coming Soon - 2007 BMW 335i UMPC install

Comment

Originally posted by RiXst3r
          Nice!!
          Is it going to show song names if you are running an embedded app? (say iguidance for example) and have an easy way to switch back and forth between gps and xm while xm keeps playing?
          This would be awsome!
          Thanks!
          It already does that.. the Trackname and TAGXXXX label codes should display current XM information.. and the play/stop/next/prev buttons can be used to switch stations just like the FM Radio..
          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
          "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

guino, have u checked out the web browser OSK issue yet? just wanted to see if its my pc or the app...

also, is RR-XM support first on your list now, or is the cdripper/library search ahead of it? thanks again bud
            '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Originally posted by guino
              It already does that.. the Trackname and TAGXXXX label codes should display current XM information.. and the play/stop/next/prev buttons can be used to switch stations just like the FM Radio..
              Sounds perfect... Thanks!
              e46|700tsv 2005 model|sb51g xpc2.4ghz opus 150|I-bus|XM Direct&cables | slim slot USB DVD-cdrw|Hawking 54g|iGuidance 2.1-HoluxGPS
              sold it all... :-(

Coming Soon - 2007 BMW 335i UMPC install

Comment

Originally posted by Prindle19
                guino.
                Definately did NOT survive hibernation. It was sounding great, and then after turning car off, and on, notta.

Awesome work though, im sure it'll come along nicely. One suggestion, i love how the title bar is updated with the show name, but can we have that scrooll through channel name, artist, song, etc?
                I'll make sure it works w/ hibernation..

Also, you can change the format of what to display on the scrolling text by editing the xm.skin file.. you can definitely change the order and fields..
                Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

After reading this thread and loading your XM skin. I understand your comments completely.
                  Never knew what I was missing.

YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am officially deleting all other front ends off my development system and both car systems!!!
                  HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoQ
                    After reading this thread and loading your XM skin. I understand your comments completely.
                    Never knew what I was missing.

YOU DA MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am officially deleting all other front ends off my development system and both car systems!!!
                    I don't have XM, but its the only thing on mine! Well, exect the TUNES,GPS and video's
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

guino, for some reason im still getting the same issue where my video browser is seeing all my mp3s (HUGE list). The video browser should only see mpegs, mpg, and avi's, but instead it sees my thousands of mp3s which makes it read hard and tedious to navigate through. Why is the video browser going to the same folder/files as my audio browser? Are they suppose to be linked? They should be totally independent in terms of where the last place that you browsed into. Any ideas? thanks
                      '05 Acura TL w/ Navi & Bluetooth, JL Audio Cleansweep, JL Audio XR650 CSI, JL Audio XR650 CXI, JL Audio 300/4 Speaker Amp, Eclipse SW6123.4 12" Sub, JL Audio 250/1 Sub Amp, Optima D35 YellowTop Battery http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2184473/1

Comment

Right now, you can only go into the video browser FROM the video player.. if you're trying to use the remote to go into it, you MUST be in the video player or it will launch your audio browser instead. If you want to, you can edit your video_player.skin file to change the code from "LIST" to "LOAD;VIDEO_BROWSER.SKIN" -- this will never load the audio browser.
                        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

just wanted to say thanks guino! the video screen remote controls work great now and the showcontrols is sweet too!
                          Peep MY TYTE WHIP yo! It's got too many ill mods to list!

Comment

Working...
                          X