XM Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Problems

I have gotten XM too start but only without Winamp installed.
    After I install Winamp the only thing XM will do is display my playlist.
    What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks

My guess is you probably have selected the "use Line In Plugin" option and you DON"T have the line in plugin installed... at the same time you must ensure that the Audio line (to mute/unmute) is set to either disabled OR (if you are going to use that option) that that audio line is MUTED prior to running RR.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

I don't have the use line in enabled.
      I have attached pic of what i'm seeing when loading XM. It will work a few times and then end up displaying my playlist after playing my mp3's.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

try deleting the xmcache.ini file and running RR again...
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Ok , did that ..
          This is what I get now.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, it really should be one of these:

-Xmport setting is wrong
            -Serial port is open by another applycation or not closed propperly (so you should try a reboot)
            -Your serial cable is damaged or the XMD is not getting power

You also need to make sure the XMD is plugged in AND has power when STARTING RR. RR will power up the XMD when starting and when going into the XM screen it actually just unmutes the device to speed up processing.

You should also dowload that xm.zip file again with the xmlogo that is supposed to show on the left corder of the screen.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

I have tested the Xm unit using FrodoSat and it works great.
              RR would work a few times and then just end up displaying my playlist after a few times of switching back and forth between playing mp3's and Xm.

Comment

samething happened to me.

Comment

Just letting everyone know that the 4/25/05 update fixed every problem I was having.

It's now installed in my truck and working perfect.

Comment

Glad to know.. the previeous version was just a "Preview" with bugs and lacking features..
                    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

This is a really old thread, but I'm having exactly the same problems as described above, and I'm using the latest install (Updated as of 14 March 2008) of Road Runner from the "New Road Runner Installer and Updater" thread on mp3car.com. Works perfectly at first so I know everything is connected properly, but eventually dies and starts showing my MP3's (or WMA's actually...) on the XM screen. Can't get XM tuner to do anything at that point. Seems like some combination of rebooting and power-cycling the XM tuner sometimes gets it to work again.

At least once, after exiting Road Runner, I tried running hyperterminal and it said that Com 1 was still in use, so there may be some problem with RR and the com port?

Help?
                      2008 Subaru WRX Worklog

Music I've created: JackPryorMusic.com

Comment

Okay, I solved half of my problems... Maybe this will help someone someday.

Even though it worked at first, and again later for some reason, and the first time I checked the device manager I saw no serial mouse, finally I realized that my computer was in fact detecting a "serial mouse" and I had to disable that. Somehow this puts RR into a terrible confusion, and it starts listing your regular playlist as the XM channels, and playing your winamp files instead of tuning. Perhaps this will make sense when I delve deeper into RR someday.

I'm still having weird volume problems, but at least the serial connection and channel list appear to be reliable.

See this post for details on the serial mouse thing.
                        2008 Subaru WRX Worklog

Music I've created: JackPryorMusic.com

Comment

Working...
                        X