Winamp and 2nd Sound Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp and 2nd Sound Card

Ok so after nearly 7-8 hours of trying to install this second sound card, i finally got it installed....

now i need to figure out how to get winamp to output through it... i went to preferences -> plugins -> output -> directsound output.... and chose the second "C-Media Wave Device" which is what my second soundcard should be called, but when i click ok in the dialog box, and open the window back up, the first "C-Media Wave Device" is selected... how can i get winamp to output to my 2nd sound card?
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

Try using the Wave Out device and selecting the device from the list.. You can also try setting the DEFAULT sound device in control panel's sound settings. I believe the DirectSound device is probably matching the NAME of the device and since you have two of the same, it's just thinking its the right one.. hopefully the WaveOut plugin won't do that.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

well im running multiple monitors and multiple sound cards, with 2 instances of RR (possibly), one of the instances will be using the deafault board (new PCI board) and the other needs to use my onboard sound...

is there any way of doin this? another problem with running two instances of RR is i cant seem to get two instances of winamp to open up.... any help with this would be great
      Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

Comment

As far as I know you won't be able to get 2 Instances or RR running -- it has built in protection against that.. Winamp also has that but can be disabled in its options. I may have to add support for running RR twice. I'd say your best bet is to have TWO COPIES of RR and WINAMP -- So you have different settings and such... you should most likely rename one of your RR.EXE files to something else if you use Girger. You could still point to the same skin folders and such (to save space), but when you try to run applications embbeded you're likely to have one RR fighting the other for control of it (unless the same application is not requested on both copies).

This may be too much even for your Athlon 2.2 ...
        Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
        "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Working...
        X