Using Winamp Media Library

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Winamp Media Library

Are there any plans to implement winamps media library feature into RR? i would like to have this ability to sort by artist or album, and select certain songs to play...

or does this already work and i just dont kno how to use it?
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

I will NOT implement winamp Library because I have not found any way of controlling it externally. I am planning on building a database for indexing files so you can browse by artist, album or genre.. if you can provide documentation on controlling winamp's media lybrary externaly, then I'd like to look at it..
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

alright thanks

Comment

I actually use a software that does winamp media library handling through my phone i can search load playlists etc from the phone and it controls winamp but you need a winamp plugin that acts like a server for the phone to connect and browse media library i can't help you much with documentation but here are some links to other software that has managed to to it.

http://www.mtvoid.com/overview.html - Control Media Library & Winamp from Symbian Phones

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlwww - An open source winamp media library webserver allows you to control media library from the internet comes with source.

So i guess it is possible but will require some kind of winamp plugin so road runner can access it.
        www.vortexleather.com

Comment

guino any progress on this, I also would love to search by artist. Genre, or title/ album, etc...
          .______
          | '_ |__\___
          [(o)|___(o)] XB
          ._________
          | I__I I_I|_\__I
          [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

I have looked for more info on the Media Library whitout any success.. but the format of Winamp's Databases are not very complex (asides from a few things), so I may just use that for RR's database .. I have not yet made any work towards that.
            Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
            "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

man cause this feature would just make RR rock even more

Comment

I am missing an Frontend in which finding the songs I want is extremely easy. Like it is in winamp. If this is implementet in RR, that's the way ill go when chosing frontend

(Wow, first post...)
                Powertools are the path to the dark side...

Comment

yea thanks guino for all youve done so far. sarching by genre and artist is one of the easiest ways to find sangs IMHO similar to the way fp does it if rr can build a db like fp does then that would really kick the llamas ***
                  .______
                  | '_ |__\___
                  [(o)|___(o)] XB
                  ._________
                  | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

I would like to be able to browse my library the way it is done in winamp (or atleast the way I have configured my winamp). See The attachement for details.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I can't possibly make something that shows the matches as you type because there's NO SPACE to show all those lists and information on the screen -- otherwise, it would be too small to handle with a touchscreen. What I intend to do is a selection method "IPOD like", where you can browse by artist, album or genre... I'll also make it possible to search the DB for matches, but this will be done by showing the OSK and then showing the results on the list (similar to file search, but faster).
                      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

cant wait guino. i saw in another post your working on the osk is this also something we might see on the next rls?
                        .______
                        | '_ |__\___
                        [(o)|___(o)] XB
                        ._________
                        | I__I I_I|_\__I

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by lostreception
                          cant wait guino. i saw in another post your working on the osk is this also something we might see on the next rls?
                          NDE support (Nullsoft Database Engine -- Media Library) is what I am working on right now.. so chances are that it will be the major feature of next release.. There's a whole bunch of stuff going on at the same time and it is hard to keep up.. for now, I have RR browsing the Winamp Library Database in the following methods:

1-Genres->Artists->Albums/All->Songs
                          2-Artists->Albums/All->Songs
                          3-Albums->Songs

This is, of course, asides from normal file browsing... I only have it LISTING the data, so there's still a whole lot of work to do: Playlist handling (add, select) and searches. Then I need to add monitoring of the database to automatically import any new files that have been added to the database. Winamp will control file syncing and this is still an optional feature for those (like me) that just want to simply use file browsing.
                          Ride Runner RR's Myspace

Comment

Guino, I didnt mean that you would have to show all of those boxes at the same time. Ut was just to show how I thought it would be easiest to select songs. By first selecting an artist, then album and last the song...
                            And from what I understand, that is what you are working on now? Nice!

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but was there any progress with this? I'd be awesome to have the library support, so that RR can read an IPOD via the mlpod plug-in that is available...

When an ipod is connected, it shows up as a device on winamp's ML and lists all the mp3's on it...

Comment

Working...
                              X